Good day at the range with new gun

Well I picked up a new S-12 on Thursday and go to the range today. I got through 50 rounds of 3" #4's and another 50 rounds of odd and end slugs and buckshot. The gun shot great and had no FTE. I then swithed to Fed bulk pack from Wal-Mart and the gun ran awsom. Again no problems. Then I went to shooting skeet and was surpriced that I could bust clays with a cylender bore shotgun!:super:

That was when the bad day started! I locked the bolt back to load a new mag and the bolt wouldn't release. The spring had came off and the gun was locked. After some time I was able to get the BHO down and use a pair of pliers to hold it down to release the bolt and take the gun apart.

After a search on here I was able to find that by notchng the BHO that I could fix the problem. I then found something that said that you could use dental floss to get the spring back in place. It worked like a champ!!!!! I'm back iin the game and the gun running like a champ again. Just want to think all for a great site and that I'm back in the fight now.

That's actually a fantastic day at the range!

Much better to find (and easily fix) a problem with the gun on a range trip rather than when some a-hole has broken into your house and is coming at you.

Man would that suck having a meth-head come at you and the friggin' BHO jumps the track as you draw down and rack the bolt. OK dude..... time out while I fix my gun! :cryss:

Good job on the fix.

That's actually a fantastic day at the range!

Much better to find (and easily fix) a problem with the gun on a range trip rather than when some a-hole has broken into your house and is coming at you.

Man would that suck having a meth-head come at you and the friggin' BHO jumps the track as you draw down and rack the bolt. OK dude..... time out while I fix my gun! :cryss:

Good job on the fix.

Nah, that's when you step back and let him see the wife with her shotgun... :super:

Cool. Sounds like you had fun. Really though, you don't have to lock the bolt back to load a magazine.

I know but I had a few people at my range and I always like to leave the weapons on an open bolt. Never the less the thing needs to work or it will be removed when I get to do my conversion. But hell yes I had fun! This thing is one of the most addictive guns that I have.

The floss is a quick temporary fix until you can get the BHO lever rotated up enough to notch it and bend the short leg towards the notch so it's not tempted to jump out again.