If you're that concerned, just take it out and give it one good shot, and make it count. When that's done, tuck it away in a nice case for all to enjoy :)

Honestly, I'd shoot the hell out of it. I've got two WWII 1911s that mean the world to me and I do everything to keep them in top shape, but one of them is my carry gun that I shoot every weekend!! I have no intention of getting rid of them. While to hardcore collectors, my use of them may devalue them, but who cares if you never plan to sell them? These two babies are going to the grave with me.

going12220 -- CONGRATULATIONS on a super sweet Colt SAA revolver! Personally, I would indeed experience the pleasure of shooting her every once in a blue moon. Since she has the wonderful nickel finish. . . I just would not ever holster her; I'd transport her to the firing range in a nicely padded zip case. Since she's nickel, cleaning her after a shooting session should be easier.

I absolutely adore my USFA Model 12/22 SA revolver. Hugely enjoy working her single action out on the firing line, and using the extractor rod to remove the spent casings. IMHO, such experiences is what true firearms ownership is all about.

Here's a photo of mine:

post-4853-0-39348400-1299619924_thumb.jpg

Most factory sighted single actions shoot HIGH, at least the old ones.

Pretty gun, go have fun.

That may be so, but I can report that my USFA SA revolver's iron sights are aligned abso-friggen-lutely perfectly.

Most factory sighted single actions shoot HIGH, at least the old ones.

Pretty gun, go have fun.

That may be so, but I can report that my USFA SA revolver's iron sights are aligned abso-friggen-lutely perfectly.

Sorry, I meant centerfires. 22 ballistics are a whole other ball game.