tapco t6 stock for conversion?

I just recieved my tapco t6 stock in the mail. This is the one that comes with the saw grip and is meant for the unconverted saiga. I know you can use the stock itself, but what about the included grip? Are the tapco saw grips you can buy seperately different? I like the grip and was wondering for future referance.

shoulda just done the conversion and saved the time, trouble & money... :deadhorse:

I luv the little fella in khakis beatin a dead horse with a bat, how fitting. Anyways I dont think my money or time was wasted. I can use the collapsable stock for the conversion and Im SURE i can make the grip work. Unconventional as it would be, how do you think rebel fighters, without alot of modern resources, fix their AKs. With nuts and screws and tape and nails and whatever gets the job done. Hell, I can run to lowes and get whatever I need. Ill put it together however I can and how I need to. My crappy t6 should get me thru the spring, then off to bigger and better things. :2c:

shoulda just done the conversion and saved the time, trouble & money... :deadhorse:

I luv the little fella in khakis beatin a dead horse with a bat, how fitting. Anyways I dont think my money or time was wasted. I can use the collapsable stock for the conversion and Im SURE i can make the grip work. Unconventional as it would be, how do you think rebel fighters, without alot of modern resources, fix their AKs. With nuts and screws and tape and nails and whatever gets the job done. Hell, I can run to lowes and get whatever I need. Ill put it together however I can and how I need to. My crappy t6 should get me thru the spring, then off to bigger and better things. :2c:

When you convert contact Tapco customer service to buy the correct stock tube fo a AK..

They sold me a couple of them cheap.

• Like 1

When you convert contact Tapco customer service to buy the correct stock tube fo a AK..

They sold me a couple of them cheap.

What do you mean, correct stock tube for an AK? Is there a difference with the t6?

Hey, I put a T-6 on a gun with the intrafuse hand guard. I later put the fire control group in( great improvement)and moved the pistol grip forward. I put a houge grip on it and I really like the set up. I can adjust the gun for me and when someone else shoots it they can adjust for them. It is nice to be able to adjusted it down when transporting or putting it away.

When or if you move your F/C forward: When you remove the plate on the bottom of the receiver, cut off the part of the plate that was used to hold the screw in the T-6 about 1/2 inch past the screw hole, drill another hole in it and slip it inside the receiver between the receiver and stock on the bottom when you put your stock back on . Put one screw in the original hole into the stock on the bottom and another screw thru the hole in the receiver thru the part you drilled a hole in and into the stock. You will need to drill a new hole into the stock for this screw. Along with the screws on the top of the receiver this really anchors the T-6 in and also fills that extra hole in the bottom of the receiver.

Just some thoughts for you. Hey if you do not like your T-6 later, sell it to someone else on here and get something different. You my as well enjoy what you have for now. Moving the F/C forward as everyone say's is really a big improvement on the way it will shoot. I could not believe how great a mod that was for the gun.

Hey, I put a T-6 on a gun with the intrafuse hand guard. I later put the fire control group in( great improvement)and moved the pistol grip forward. I put a houge grip on it and I really like the set up. I can adjust the gun for me and when someone else shoots it they can adjust for them. It is nice to be able to adjusted it down when transporting or putting it away.

When or if you move your F/C forward: When you remove the plate on the bottom of the receiver, cut off the part of the plate that was used to hold the screw in the T-6 about 1/2 inch past the screw hole, drill another hole in it and slip it inside the receiver between the receiver and stock on the bottom when you put your stock back on . Put one screw in the original hole into the stock on the bottom and another screw thru the hole in the receiver thru the part you drilled a hole in and into the stock. You will need to drill a new hole into the stock for this screw. Along with the screws on the top of the receiver this really anchors the T-6 in and also fills that extra hole in the bottom of the receiver.

Just some thoughts for you. Hey if you do not like your T-6 later, sell it to someone else on here and get something different. You my as well enjoy what you have for now. Moving the F/C forward as everyone say's is really a big improvement on the way it will shoot. I could not believe how great a mod that was for the gun.

It was great for my wife when I 'made' her shoot. She liked it all the way collapsed and did pretty well with it. Ill look at my gun and see what you mean. I havent done the conversion so its kinda hard to follow. I guess Ill see when its all apart. Do you mean to put in an extra screw(4 total) or just move the bottom one?

Edited by Boomsick42

When you move the trigger forward you will be removing the plate on the bottom of the receiver. The way your gun is now part of the plate that you will be removing extends out and has a screw in it into the T-6 stock you put on. Well when you remove the plate that you lose that extension with the plate. It will make sense when you remove the plate. PM me when you do and I will talk you through it or send you a picture or something.

When you move the trigger forward you will be removing the plate on the bottom of the receiver. The way your gun is now part of the plate that you will be removing extends out and has a screw in it into the T-6 stock you put on. Well when you remove the plate that you lose that extension with the plate. It will make sense when you remove the plate. PM me when you do and I will talk you through it or send you a picture or something.

Thanks man I will. It may be late this summer, but Im not goin anywhere.