Shipping preferences for irreplaceable firearms parts

Shipping preferences  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite carrier?

• United States Postal Service
    • Federal Express
    • UPS
    • DHL
  2. 2. Would you rather a signature requirement upon delivery?

• Yes, I would rather not have the possibility of it sitting on my doorstep unattended
    • No, delivery conformation is enough
  3. 3. If you chose no Signature requirment, do you reside in the country, suburbs, or city?

• Country (rural)
    • Suburbs
    • City
    • "Bad" area of the city

Pauly if the pieces are hard to replace and I will have to get reimbursed from insurance, I'll take UPS. Have had to do this in the past and UPS is pretty easy to deal with. Have had a real hard time with USPS on claims.

Now having ordered quite a few things from business members on this site. All have shipped using USPS Priority and everything has arrived in perfect condition and pretty quickly. If it is something like a complete gun, or a part that that is very hard to come by, I will gladly pay an extra $10 to have it shipped UPS or FedEx just for the sake of being able to track it.

Edited by Dad2142Dad

Tracking is a nice feature, but I usually prefer USPS. I should mention that I haven't had any bad experiences or insurance claims with any of the carriers. The Post Office is more conveniently located and Saturday delivery is nice.

I have had enough problems with USPS that I refuse to use them for anything over $50.

A package was sent to me with delivery confirmation last year and failed to show up. The USPS swore it made it to my house but it wasn't there when I got home. Whether they mis-delivered it or it was stolen, they didn't cover it. It was insured but they don't cover it after it leaves their care. Good thing I purchased the items with a credit card and the CC company covered the loss.

I also sent a MO recently through USPS, signature required, and it took almost two weeks to arrive. The guy was tearing his hair out as the USPS doesn't track like other services do. It took 7 business days just to get them to open an investigation... they never even got back to me and no explanation was given as to why it took so long.

Just for the sake of tracking alone, use UPS or FedEx. You (and they) will know where the item is at all times. UPS is the most firearms-friendly so I choose them for just about everything now.

If you use USPS, the *only* way to be sure the item gets to the person intended is to send signature required. Insurance and delivery confirmation are pretty much useless services as I mentioned above.

Edited by rob-cubed
  • Like 1