Low base 00 buck

I hear alot of people stating not to use low base shells for the Saiga, however I want to reload 00 buck for my Saiga 12 and was wondering if low base hulls applied to 00 buck. Thanks in advance.

I made some up this weekend with low brass and 00 buck didn't have a problem shooting them today in the rain. If you need to know what you need for powder,primers and wads let me know i got a book

I was reading somewhere that high brass had something to do with extraction back when shot shells were made from paper, because higher power loads tended to be harder on paper shells, also that with the advancement of plastic cased shells that there in no extraction issue anymore but manufactures continued to use "high brass" for that distinction.

Found it: http://www.rbs0.com/shotshell.htm

"Shotshells with paper hulls often developed pinholes where the powder burned through the paper hull. To prevent such pinholes, the brass base was extended up the side of the case to cover the entire volume of powder inside the case. Shotshells with large shot for hunting larger animals (e.g., ducks, geese, turkeys, and with buckshot: deer) had a high brass base, because of the larger volume of black powder inside these shells. Shotshells for games (e.g., trap and skeet) as well as hunting small birds (e.g., doves, quail) had a low brass base, to cover the smaller volume of black powder inside these shells. Modern smokeless powder requires a much smaller volume than the equivalent amount of black powder, so that low brass bases would be adequate for all shotshells today. However, because of tradition, long-range shotshells continue to have a high brass base."

I have been reload shot shell over a couple of years and from what I have read most people think that high brass has more powder, that is false. Cause none of my shot shell reloading books even say anything about high/low brass they just need to know make/model/ and size of shell and once you got that you pick your poison. If I remember this right I could be wrong but most slugs and buck shot are a slower burning powder.