REPORT: Nearly 10,000 people missing from town of 17,000...

Worst case scenario?? It seems to be getting close,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1365569/Japan-earthquake-tsunami-10-000-people-missing-Minamisanriku.html

WERE THE LIBTARDS RIGHT ABOUT NUCLEAR POWER?? Fuck...I'm close to giving them this one.

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Edited by Bean.223

Fuck no man. Don't give them that. It took the worst earthquake on record to damage a nuke plant.

Imagine a natural gas plant. ka-BOOM. Or a coal fire. Those guys are busting ass to keep those plants

safe, we owe them support, not fearmongering.

• Like 5

It's not like a nuclear weapon going off and spewing tons of radioactive debris in the air. Thee maybe some detectable levels that get air born, but detectable level are pretty low 5 or 10 rads is not going to kill you. A natural gas plant doesn't go boom, it would be like a giant blow torch until someone shut the valve on the pipeline. Coal fires aren't that bad either, you can just move around the pile and put it out.

As far as liberals or any other doomsayers on nuclear energy goes, you cannot building anything that can withstand what the planet has the potential to throw at you. Fossil fuel will run out and green will not support the grid by itself. So take your pick, nuclear or give up all of your toys and lights and go back to living in the 1800's.

• Like 3

As far as liberals or any other doomsayers on nuclear energy goes, you cannot building anything that can withstand what the planet has the potential to throw at you. Fossil fuel will run out and green will not support the grid by itself. So take your pick, nuclear or give up all of your toys and lights and go back to living in the 1800's.

That simply isn't true. I'm currently working on a harness that will allow you to power your car with a million butterflies. Once I get past the weight issue and train the little critters to follow a few simple commands I figure I'll have the biggest problems solved. While it may be slow, it will be very beautiful.

As to energy, I've identified the main problem there too. It's not that most forms of energy expel carbon, it's that life itself is based on carbon. All we need to do is convert all life forms to silicon. (I think the aliens on Alien are based on this so it's doable.) That way we can blow however much carbon we choose into the atmosphere with little or no consequence. As an added bonus, silicone breast implants would also be considered natural. A win/win scenario.

timy

• Like 2

Meh. I really don't think the nuclear power plant is going to be an issue- I think the libtards are tryng to make it look like a big deal to scare people off of nuclear power plants. If you read about Chernobyl it took a LOT of stupidity for them to screw it up. Probably some minor radiation will leak and people will write articles about it's uncomfirmed potential lasting effects for the next 3 years when it's a slow day or when a new plant is proposed until it gets old.

At least I hope it's not a big deal, time will tell.. But my vote is on it being fairly minor.

Also should mention my thoughts and prayers go out to all those killed/homeless/starving.. Horrible what's happened over there.

Edited by volkov
  • Like 1

I live about 2 hours from a nuke plant and never worried about it. The concrete dome they top them with is designed to contain radiation if anything should go really bad really fast. Also the lake they use for the cooling system has some of the best fishing around and since the plant is constancy cycling warm water back in to it the fish's spawning season is about three times longer.

Edited by Gun Fanatic

Liberalism is a mental disease and it involves an unreasonable amount of fear. It involves embarrassing a fantasy that rids you of all the things that scare you, without any real counter-plan as a workable solution. I never put any credence in the fears and phobias of the insane, nor worry about their unachievable happiness.

• Like 4

Also should mention my thoughts and prayers go out to all those killed/homeless/starving.. Horrible what's happened over there.

Indeed it is. I dislike even trying to offer condolences on such a horrific event because I know no matter what I say it will be inadequate. Still, saying nothing doesn't help much either. I can't even imagine the countrywide suffering going on right now and can only wish Japan the best. Lame as that sounds.

• Like 4

I lived about an hour (+/-) away from where they are having reactor problems.

Finally got word last night from my buddy that is still there. He had to run a generator that he uses for his welder to email family and friends that he is OK. Power is not expected for awhile.

They been waiting for the big one for a long time...this is a big one, but not THE big one.

Amazing how civil and respectful everyone is acting considering the level of destruction. If that happened here it would be a totally different picture.

• Like 2

I lived 4 miles from 3 mile Island when it melted down, I was in 1st grade and I turned out perfectly normal!

Cherynobal spewed a lot of radioactivity down wind, but they used the minimum containment construction for operation. The U.S. and Japan use a lot more construction material.

I lived 4 miles from 3 mile Island when it melted down, I was in 1st grade and I turned out perfectly normal!

Cherynobal spewed a lot of radioactivity down wind, but they used the minimum containment construction for operation. The U.S. and Japan use a lot more construction material.

LOL you turned out normal?? Well that's up for debate brotha!! :haha:

i cat help but cringe every time i hear someone claim that nuclear energy is something we should avoid because its hazardous. apparently they never took an elementary class on physics, because not all nuclear reactions are the same. its fission that yields radioactive waste. fusion is clean, and offers way more bang for your buck. just gotta be able to effectively contain it, cause that gives off ALOT of energy

• 2 weeks later...