left side charging dust cover

The only real thing is that the FAL handle is actually too short for full bolt withdrawal. I actually have to yank that one a bit to eject a chambered round, as the handle travel runs out right at the ejector. If the slot were made longer, then the handle would come out too far, and the handle tail wouldn't cover the whole slot.

For the one I'm doing now, I'm going to extend the tail further, and lengthen the track, so as to get more travel.

• Like 1

started working on it today milled the receiver and trimmed a little off the dust cover milled a notch in the bolt carrier im thinking i will mill a dove tail rail to weld to the side the actual handle will have the male end of the dovetail on it i just accepted the fact i wont be able to close the slot with the charging handle if all gos right ill have about a 4 inch or so open slot when the bolt is closed ill have some pics up soon once it dosnt look like a train wreck anymore Mr Kalashnikov would probably be upset

omg that's nice very seamless does it reciprocate ?whats the lever by the trigger upgraded bho ?and is that a ruger mini safety ?can i see under the hood?

I just saw this. The lever by the trigger is just an extension knob for the factory BHO, so it can be manipulated by the trigger finger easily. Also, it allows the bolt to be dropped by simply pushing that button down, instead of racking the bolt.

The "ruger mini safety" is actually a M14/Ruger Mini 14 style safety that was custom made for the gun.

"Under the hood" ??

got the rail machined and welded to the receiver cut a few rivets and tig welded them to the receiver thanks

Langwha i know i cant weld that good also made a lump of weld where the safety stop would be and sculpted it to look machined looks good though check the track of the handle to the travel of the bolt carrier looks great seems sturdy looks good with the cover on but on the ends the rail just stops nothing smooth to transition to the reviver so i was thinking might be crazy but use some jb weld to make smooth end caps for the rail so i got reading my plan is to have the gun ceramic coated by my gun store once the conversion and mods are done the back that stuff on at a temperature of 350 jb weld website has them withstanding 500 so would this be a good idea i don't think so i see myself sculpting the rail to curve down on the ends the handle male dovetail section im making out of titanium its light and not steel like the rail wont need a finish on it to rub off im just worried about wear i don't think it will Gaul seeing im using two different metals i was also thinking of cutting holes in the male dovetail section to reduce friction make cocking handle rail a nice length but with miss slots along it so less would be making contact hopefully i will have some pics tomorrow im going into work just to finish this so i can get it back together next week for reliable testing and tuning before i send it to get coated.

Edited by sheepdawg

Cool. That gun was a lot of fun to do, and a lot of fun to play with. People still ask about checking it out, and I have to tell them it's gone.

While I still miss it some, my wallet doesn't miss it at all. LOL

Also, it may have opened up a door, but it's too soon to tell, so I don't want to say anything now.