AK-74 looking muzzle brake for a S-12?

Dam you FNG's got to look alittle :haha: Dinzag a bussiness member make them he also offers the front sight and the rear rifle sight for your S-12.

post-21226-0-90286000-1300146978_thumb.jpg

EDIT: I am sorry you have been here more than a year your not a FNG.But it was a FNG question.:lolol:

Edited by SCHULTZE

I think his newer style 74 brake is damn nice, much better than his older howitzer brake I used to have.

Here's PatriaPovo's S12 with the newer version:

PatriaPovo74S12MD20Right.jpg

And mine in the old days, while I was scrounging for SVDS parts:

S12_001.JPG

Z

I think his newer style 74 brake is damn nice, much better than his older howitzer brake I used to have.

Here's PatriaPovo's S12 with the newer version:

PatriaPovo74S12MD20Right.jpg

And mine in the old days, while I was scrounging for SVDS parts:

S12_001.JPG

Z

ok. this is a NOOB question as i am definitely a noob with the S12, but the front post (one near the muzzle brake) seems a bit high and not aligned with the rear (particularly in the second pic). how does the front sight work on this? or is it purely aesthetic in nature?

In the first pic the FSB looks canted but isn't, it's an optical illusion based on the angle I took the photo at. The FSB and the rear sight work properly together, Dinzag's FSB is a copy of the Russian which is designed for an S12 with an AK RSB

In the second pic I don't have Dinzag's RSB installed yet so the FSB is definately way off.

Here you can see a little better how the real Russian FSB lines up with Dinzag's RSB. It still might look off but it's dead on looking down the rear sight at the front post and I use it on clays all the time. I think the slugs hit a tad lower than I expect them to at 100 yards, but maybe that's just the slugs and the fact I usually shoot 5.45x39.

S12RakurzSlingLeft.JPG

Edited by TX-Zen

Tack weld it.

Both Patria's and my S12 have the brake welded on to make the barrel 18.5" OAL.

You can see the difference in pic 2 which is a standard 19" barrel with the brake screwed on.

Z

TX-Zen, does the older version not have holes, or what is the difference?

I have Dinzags on mine, thread onto a stock length barrel with his short FSB. I really like it but i'm not a fan of the breacher type muzzle devices on the market.

Everyone whom i have let fire it, always comments on how light the recoil is compared to their 'FUD' auto loaders and pumps. I dont know if its a weight thing, or if the "brake" has actually helped. It does seem to be more manageable with it, then without it.

Not nearly as fancy as the ones pictured above but i'm happy with it.

gallery_20217_554_9448.jpg

I haven't seen the older one in a few years but my recollection is that it's got a larger outside diameter, the newer one seems more streamlined and fits the FSB better. I could swear the new one is a tad shorter also.

Really basing this off subjective memory so I could be off, I just remember it seemed like the one I had was larger but it could be because I still had the 19" barrel and the two together seemed pretty big.

Anyway I was really impressed with the new one, it looks right and completes the 74 look IMO.

Z