7N1, Wolf 200gr FMJ 7.62 x54R , and other hen's teeth.

Haven't seen 7N1 in a long while for sale online. I have only heard rumors of the availability of the Wolf 200gr FMJ if it was ever really here. Does anyone know if the 200gr projo is anything special like the 7N1? Anyway, I personally like the Yugo brass surplus for a heavy x54 load, nice high BC boattail and good QC in its manufacture. I was dabbling with the idea of getting one of those surplus Ukrainian mosin sniper's with the PU scope and wondered if the 200gr (if it exists for sale) would be worth the extra $ to help bring out the accuracy for a C&R military bolt action match at my range. Usually the guys with the M1903 A4's win but I aim to change that with a little luck and decent ammo.

Edited by 690gr

Just RELOAD for it.

Get a rifle with a GOOD barrel and you can shoot .308 diameter bullets all day long. My PSL shoots them into a .75" hole at 100 yards. See below...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/61403-got-bored-started-to-reload-some-odd-things/

you can load up to 220 grain bullets with ease... :up:

Then you can tune your loads to your rifle and shoot whatever you want, and make it your bitch! :up:

:smoke:

Just RELOAD for it.

Get a rifle with a GOOD barrel and you can shoot .308 diameter bullets all day long. My PSL shoots them into a .75" hole at 100 yards. See below...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/61403-got-bored-started-to-reload-some-odd-things/

you can load up to 220 grain bullets with ease... :up::smoke:

Then you can tune your loads to your rifle and shoot whatever you want, and make it your bitch! :up:

Hey Indy!

Yeah I know I should reload.. been saying that I would invest in the equipment since I got the 458 SOCOM. Now that factory ammo will bleed you dry :eek: Well I will finally take up the art late this summer when I get the shop up and running. So what setup do you use? Dillon, Lee, RCBS, other? Any caveats?

Honestly... I bought the Lee classic O press for the 50 BMG. The whole setup. I paid about 130 plus minimal shipping a few years back. That was for the whole kit. Press, dies, priming tool, EVERYTHING to reload the 50 bmg. AND the collet to put REGULAR dies in the press too. THAT is the setup I use for EVERYTHING. I have an RCBS rockchucker press. DO NOT LIKE.

I will stick with the LEE system. It just works NICER. I also have virtually ALL Lee Pacesetter dies too. I have a few RCBS dies, but I seem to always go buy the LEE dies and use them instead. I like the way they perform, and I like the way the bullet seater works compared to the RCBS ones.

Send me a PM I will send you some shots of my reloading room, and how it is set up. and the benches, etc... might give you some hints for your own setup! :up:

Honestly... I bought the Lee classic O press for the 50 BMG. The whole setup. I paid about 130 plus minimal shipping a few years back. That was for the whole kit. Press, dies, priming tool, EVERYTHING to reload the 50 bmg. AND the collet to put REGULAR dies in the press too. THAT is the setup I use for EVERYTHING. I have an RCBS rockchucker press. DO NOT LIKE.

I will stick with the LEE system. It just works NICER. I also have virtually ALL Lee Pacesetter dies too. I have a few RCBS dies, but I seem to always go buy the LEE dies and use them instead. I like the way they perform, and I like the way the bullet seater works compared to the RCBS ones.

Send me a PM I will send you some shots of my reloading room, and how it is set up. and the benches, etc... might give you some hints for your own setup! :up:

Care to send those pics my way as well? Always open for learning something new from those with more experience. PM inbound.

Thanks

Eric