Happened to a friend when I was a kid duck hunting in the swamps of Louisiana. The tip of the barrel of a Sears 20 gauge shotgun dipped into the soft mud. My friend didn't want to clean it and pulled the trigger. Mushroomed the barrel like a SOB. After the hunt was over, the gun was handed back to my friends father. My friends father turned it into a single shot pistol and gave it to the night watchman at his business.

Yakdung

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 1

Happened to a friend when I was a kid duck hunting in the swamps of Louisiana. The tip of the barrel of a Sears 20 gauge shotgun dipped into the soft mud. My friend didn't want to clean it and pulled the trigger. Mushroomed the barrel like a SOB. After the hunt was over, the gun was handed back to my friends father. My friends father turned it into a single shot pistol and gave it to the night watchman at his business.

Yakdung

25kkd1t.jpg

• Like 1

Wow .... I witnessed a 45-70 split the other way starting at the receiver, man what an explosion it was. Felt the concusion from 10+ft away... Again not my gun. was a dented casing/bullet from the owner forcing the lever closed when it was hanging up on something. He then handed it back to the girl who was lucky enough to get off with only some shrapnel in her wrist. She still has pieces off casing in her wrist that was to close to an artery to remove. Also the rounds were loaded a little hot.

Just another example of how dangerous negligence around firearms can be.

Did any one see the mythbusters episode about sticking your finger I the end of a barrel. They used rubber first, then metal finger, then tig welded the steel finger into the barrel. Evan then only the old damascus barrel really blew up and dummy whose finger it was got destroyed every time

Those were all shot gun barrels though. It was kinda interesting