I've shyed away from making classic curved grip buttstocks in the past, but I've had some recent success on a project of my own, and think I may look into such a thing for the Saiga. Folks have made the traditional promises of firstborns and testicles in the past, but I'd like to know if anyone would actually pay money for one?

Alternatively, I could easily modify existing wooden buttstocks from sporting arms for the Saigas, anyone have any good leads on those in case they're more cost effective?

Can't say for sure. I was actually looking for some US made standard Saiga stocks because I wanted to add a feed ramp while keeping my Saiga in stock condition. Problem is I couldn't come up with enough US parts. The hammer & gas piston would work, and maybe the disconnector, but that left me one short. The US made standard stock would have helped, but I've had such a hard time going from shop to shop looking for someone who could make me a Saiga trigger or other parts at an acceptable price, that I just pretty much gave up. :cryss:

Much to my chagrin, the past few weeks I've been considering doing the pistol grip conversion. I liked the idea of a standard looking Saiga that took AK mags because it was somewhat different than what I already had, but let's just say I've just about given up. :unsure:

Would these stocks you make be available in the same black finish as the standard stocks? One cool idea would be to add a standard ak buttplate and cleaning kit hole if you make them.

Edited by cvasqu03

When I have more money I'd be interested. In particular, I like the idea of a thumbhole stock to put on my 308 without having to convert it to P-Grip configuration. I was thinking something along the lines of the thumbole stocks that are available for bolt action rifles. Of course, this would also mean I'd want a matching forearm. ; ) I'm not as picky on the shape for that, as long as it looks good.