Romanian Side Folder Advise & Pix Request

I am trying to figure out what configuration to go with for my Saiga-12 conversion. I'm seriously thinking about a Romanian side folder with a wood lower handguard. Anybody have something like this and care to share a picture or two?

I'm also wondering how bad the recoil is with the metal butt stock.

Here is a picture of the stock I am thinking about so there is no confusion:

romaniansidefolder_1103_general.jpg

Thanks,

Dave

I have installed that type of folder on my Romanian SAR1 and SAR3. I paid $15.00 a piece for them at the time and they are great on those rifles. Don't know if I would put one on my Saiga-12, though.

Good luck,

Yakdung

I have one on my cheapo WASR in 7.62, I wouldn't put it on a shotgun...it beats me up a little on the rifle, but is fun.

+1

These stocks are extremely punishing on a S12. I tried it and even with Winchester Universal it was bad. The rounded edge butt is the main culprit. I would give one a shot if it had a plate that mimmicked a WARSAW buttplate.

post-22401-0-05192500-1301283557_thumb.jpgpost-22401-0-38976200-1301283696_thumb.jpg

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Go to my gallery Go to my gallery to see mine modded with a weld-on cheek rest that I fabricated and a Russian Grenade launcher recoil pad. I have mine on an AK 7.62x39mm, but I would be quite comfortable with it on a S12.

Edited by Azrial