How much more accurate is a vepr 7.62 russian vs a saiga 7.62 russian? Also, if a vepr is more accurate is it worth the cost differece?

"7.62 Russian" is 7.62x54 mm rimmed. 7.62x39 mm is "7.62 Soviet". I really doubt that Veprs in this caliber are significantly more accurate than Saigas, which are already rather damn accurate AKs. The current price of Veprs is ridiculous. If you are going to spend that much on an AK variant, just get an Arsenal SGL21. The fit and finish is about as nice as Vepr's and you aren't really going to be missing those extra 0.5 mm of receiver thickness.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

VEPRs are much heavier: 1.5mm receivers vs 1mm, thicker trunnion and barrel, etc. They are based on the RPK light machine gun version of the AK and built to take some abuse. They are noticeably more accurate as there is less flex in the components and the barrel is very stiff.

What MOA? I can't say as I haven't POSP'd mine and my vision at 100 yards is pretty weak. But if I had to guess, they cut my groups in half compared to my Saigas. And Saigas are already pretty good. These are the Caddies of AKs, and compared to a Polytech they are cheap.

Definitely worth it, if you're looking for accuracy, but at a cost in both purchase price and weight.

As far as I know the VEPR is avalible in 7.62X39 and 7.62X51(.308) the VEPR 7.62X54 has not been imported in this country YET!!! I know Atlantic firearms is hoping to get the 7.62X54 in but unless something happened in the last 24 hours they only offer the 7.62X39 and another importer is offering the .308. On a side note it appears the AF is offering 2 different VEPR 7.62X39's one uses the VEPR 10rd mags or for around $100 more they offer one that uses standard AK-47 mags .