trigger getting stuck/ not resetting

k, just took my 7.62 to the range, put 60 rds thru it, at first the trigger wouldnt snap back into place frequently, then the problem frequency thinned out, but im still having the problem. i have the cover off and the bolt/spring out, and am pulling the trigger, same problem. had the problem when i first did the conversion, thats when i noticed it. thought it was a lube problem, so i lubed it up. same problem. i noticed when i pull the trigger, when looking down into the receiver, the pin that i used to attach it to the receiver spins also. is this supposed to happen? ive tightened it down as much as possible (the trigger group pin), and still it moves. if i hold it still, while pulling the trigger, the trigger still sticks. it only works properly if i SNAP the trigger, but obviously you cannot fire the rifle this way...

pics below. can you see any problem with my configuration? everything that was stock is in conversion(except fcg and hammer). i dont want to have to keep flicking the trigger forward to get it to reset

EDIT: looks to be the right hammer spring(that holds right side of trigger group), is rubbing up against the bho plate. trying to bend the spring so it wont, not getting any success tho...

post-32330-0-77905200-1301689286_thumb.jpg

post-32330-0-33042400-1301689297_thumb.jpg

post-32330-0-15813100-1301689305_thumb.jpg

Edited by dropdeadfred

You should be able to bend the spring appropriately. Also, hate to ask, but did you put in the retainer wire or plate? You usually don't see any axis pins rotating. In the second pic the BHO spring leg looks too long--the long leg should be towards the muzzle and the short end resting on the lever. And, in the last pic what is the wire crossing under your right hammer spring leg? If it's the BHO spring it's not in the proper position. That might be contributing to the problem.

You should be able to bend the spring appropriately. Also, hate to ask, but did you put in the retainer wire or plate? You usually don't see any axis pins rotating.

not sure what the retainer wire(or plate) is. if it came with the siaga (stock), its back in there. as far as i know everythings in the right place. the right coil to the hammer IS really tight onto the bho. i was hoping to keep the bho, but it looks as if i may have to remove it... does anybody here have the bho installed without a trigger reset problem?

You should be able to bend the spring appropriately. Also, hate to ask, but did you put in the retainer wire or plate? You usually don't see any axis pins rotating.

not sure what the retainer wire(or plate) is. if it came with the siaga (stock), its back in there. as far as i know everythings in the right place. the right coil to the hammer IS really tight onto the bho. i was hoping to keep the bho, but it looks as if i may have to remove it... does anybody here have the bho installed without a trigger reset problem?

The axis pins do not hold themselves in. There should be a retainer wire or plate next to the left side of the receiver that keeps the pins from backing out. The BHO should not interfere with the trigger.

The axis pins do not hold themselves in. There should be a retainer wire or plate next to the left side of the receiver that keeps the pins from backing out. The BHO should not interfere with the trigger.

if you mean the spring that wraps around the trigger pin, on the left side of the fcg, that hold the fcg to the middle, then yes. its installed. because it came stock with the rifle.

the pins i used to secure the fcg and hammer assembly to the receiver are binding posts, maybe? has a hollow tube with a screw that tightens it to itself...

Edited by dropdeadfred

k, just took my 7.62 to the range, put 60 rds thru it, at first the trigger wouldnt snap back into place frequently, then the problem frequency thinned out, but im still having the problem. i have the cover off and the bolt/spring out, and am pulling the trigger, same problem. had the problem when i first did the conversion, thats when i noticed it. thought it was a lube problem, so i lubed it up. same problem. i noticed when i pull the trigger, when looking down into the receiver, the pin that i used to attach it to the receiver spins also. is this supposed to happen? ive tightened it down as much as possible (the trigger group pin), and still it moves. if i hold it still, while pulling the trigger, the trigger still sticks. it only works properly if i SNAP the trigger, but obviously you cannot fire the rifle this way...

pics below. can you see any problem with my configuration? everything that was stock is in conversion(except fcg and hammer). i dont want to have to keep flicking the trigger forward to get it to reset

EDIT: looks to be the right hammer spring(that holds right side of trigger group), is rubbing up against the bho plate. trying to bend the spring so it wont, not getting any success tho...

Hi,

Im alil confused, on the top picture the retaining spring is on the right hand side if the barrel is faceing away from you

post-24335-0-27433300-1301694305_thumb.jpg

and in the bottom picture the retaining spring is on the left hand side given the barrel is facing away from you.

post-24335-0-91474700-1301694303_thumb.jpg

I would have to say that the retaining spring may be your problem. Retaining springs/plates should be on the left hand side if the gun is faceing away from you.

Here a great video to help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7EWIDhMGo&feature=player_embedded

I know that when I was doing my conversions, the retaining spring was on the left hand side being thats what side the retaining pin grooves: post-24335-0-53277400-1301696056_thumb.jpg are on, which would explain why the pins are rotating. I suggest studying the video and retrying. You'll know when its right. Just go through the motions on the video.

Good Luck!

Greg

Edited by AZG

Hi,

Im alil confused, on the top picture the retaining spring is on the right hand side if the barrel is faceing away from you

post-24335-0-91474700-1301694303_thumb.jpg

and in the bottom picture the retaining spring is on the left hand side given the barrel is facing away from you.

post-24335-0-27433300-1301694305_thumb.jpg

I would have to say that the retaining spring may be your problem. Retaining springs/plates should be on the left hand side if the gun is faceing away from you.

Here a great video to help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7EWIDhMGo&feature=player_embedded

Can you cycle the action by hand smoothly? I know that when I was doing my conversions, the retaining spring was on the left hand side being thats what side the retaining pin grooves are on, which would explain why the pins are rotating. I suggest studying the video and retrying. You'll know when its right. Just go through the motions on the video.

Good Luck!

Greg

lol, thats my dumbass fault- the lower pic i mustve flipped in ms paint! i had to look at the pic again to see what you were talking about. the retaining spring IS on the left side, and the right hammer spring leg seems to be rubbing against the bho. i used a paperclip to hold the spring leg away from the bho, and that solved the problem. but its not like i can solder the damn thing in there, lol. so now im stuck. i TRIED bending the spring leg, to no avail. the spring coil on the right side of the hammer seems to be jutting too far out, even out past the hammer edge itself (where the side was ground down for the bho). so, now what, lol?

lol, thats my dumbass fault- the lower pic i mustve flipped in ms paint! i had to look at the pic again to see what you were talking about. the retaining spring IS on the left side, and the right hammer spring leg seems to be rubbing against the bho. i used a paperclip to hold the spring leg away from the bho, and that solved the problem. but its not like i can solder the damn thing in there, lol. so now im stuck. i TRIED bending the spring leg, to no avail. the spring coil on the right side of the hammer seems to be jutting too far out, even out past the hammer edge itself (where the side was ground down for the bho). so, now what, lol?

I know its a lil bit of a pain but I'd just take the FCG all apart and try it again. Look at all the details of all the parts, meaning:

Make sure you ground off enough of the Hammer retaining pin area to allow smooth functioning with the BHO installed:

Heres some pics courtesy of OG Moe Zambeak:

post-24335-0-41536000-1301696852_thumb.jpg

post-24335-0-65401400-1301696853_thumb.jpg

post-24335-0-22372300-1301696855_thumb.jpg

post-24335-0-75027600-1301696856_thumb.jpg

post-24335-0-27035700-1301696858_thumb.jpg

and here is the link to his Conversion page: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/40886-step-by-step-conversion-with-pics/

I know its a lil bit of a pain but I'd just take the FCG all apart and try it again. Look at all the details of all the parts, meaning:

Make sure you ground off enough of the Hammer retaining pin area to allow smooth functioning with the BHO installed:

Heres some pics courtesy of OG Moe Zambeak:

post-24335-0-41536000-1301696852_thumb.jpg

post-24335-0-65401400-1301696853_thumb.jpg

post-24335-0-22372300-1301696855_thumb.jpg

post-24335-0-75027600-1301696856_thumb.jpg

post-24335-0-27035700-1301696858_thumb.jpg

and here is the link to his Conversion page: http://forum.saiga-1...sion-with-pics/

my hammer came pre-ground. that pic of the hammer with the side ground down, looks just like it. the spring coil that goes on that side, tho, overlaps the hammer part that is ground. not sure if i can fix that.

my hammer came pre-ground. that pic of the hammer with the side ground down, looks just like it. the spring coil that goes on that side, tho, overlaps the hammer part that is ground. not sure if i can fix that.

Ok, thats good. It should be right then. Thats not the problem then. Might want to try those clips.

Sorry, I know it sucks troubleshooting but is kindof the only way know to help you without actually being there.

Inless someone else more experienced would like to chime in. They might see something I dont.

If you want to try a different retaining pin spring, try these clips:

post-24335-0-44547000-1301697287_thumb.jpg

they're like $.17cents or so at any hardware store and work just as well.

k, ill try the pin idea. should be narrower, but i thought the retaining spring was there to keep the fcg from wiggling in the hole...

If you want to try a different retaining pin spring, try these clips:

post-24335-0-44547000-1301697287_thumb.jpg

they're like $.17cents or so at any hardware store and work just as well.

k, ill try the pin idea. should be narrower, but i thought the retaining spring was there to keep the fcg from wiggling in the hole...

The retaining pin and sleeve should keep the FCG from wiggling around. the spring is what holds the pins in. Let me know how it works out for you or if you'd like anymore help.

Again, Good luck.

The factory 'retainer' wire type thing.. (shown here from my old bag of parts) is the problem.. I see it in your picture..

post-8775-0-52814100-1301707350_thumb.jpg

With a NEW Tapco G2 style trigger you need either the 'retainer plate' or a shepards crook or the 'clips' shown by the above posters..

The original type (shown here) may only be grabbing the HAMMER 'PIN' and not the FCG assembly 'PIN' hence the wiggle and such..

If your FCG 'PIN' slides or wiggles you will get the HAMMER spring EASILY junping into the FCG and messing you up..

Order a retainer plate or some type of E-clips or the clips shown above..

Hope this helps you out..

Albert

• Like 1

well, i thought i had it fixed. i bent the hammer spring leg on the one side, and the trigger worked like a charm. one problem, tho- the damn hammer pin replacement broke. yeah, the "binding posts" that the guy used in that one tutorial(to be used in place of the hammer and fcg pins), the one i copied and downloaded, is a fucking bad idea. got my trigger problem fixed. i didnt reinstall the retainer spring (after the binding post for the hammer BROKE during fire), and now everything should work fine. wasnt able to get back to the range yesterday to find out if my problem was solved. i went with the cotter pins, or clips, or whatever. i bought 2 different sizes, to see which ones would hold up. now i just have to see if theyll stay in under fire. if not, then ill use solder around them, or something. i swear, the amount of jimmy-rigging that goes on in these conversions are a real pain in the butt. like i said, im not even gonna begin to fuck with the front handguard replacement yet. im gonna allow myself to enjoy the current configuration (if it works, once i get to the range). thanks a bunch, guys.