Gap behind gas tube.

Is there suppose to be a gap between the end of the gas piston and infront of the rear sight?

I have pictures, but I can't post em from my phone.

How big is the gap? Probably not as big as the gap between my Ultimaks and the rear sight base. Probably not an issue, but post pics when you can.

I can describe it now and take a pic later on today.

What it does is the first couple of rounds would cycle fine then the next four won't eject or feed a new round, but that was only happening when I was using brass cased. I used steel cased round and it didn't have that problem as often. But when hand cycling them if I didn't pull it back all the way it would skip past the bottom of the round and scratch the round all the way up to the neck and jam. But if I pulled it back all the way it did not do that and cycled just fine. I was thinkin with the gas having another way out, it wouldn't be pushing the bolt all the way back causing it to half ass load a round thus causing it to jam.

Did you check the diameter of the brass casing to insure it is the same as the steel?

You should also check the tips on both. Even though they are both .308 depending on where they were made they can vary enough to cause a problem. If this is the case usually you can tell if the round does not chamber smoothly. When you chamber it manually and eject it check to see if there are marks on the tip of the bullet.

Edited by capk 308

I can describe it now and take a pic later on today.

What it does is the first couple of rounds would cycle fine then the next four won't eject or feed a new round, but that was only happening when I was using brass cased. I used steel cased round and it didn't have that problem as often. But when hand cycling them if I didn't pull it back all the way it would skip past the bottom of the round and scratch the round all the way up to the neck and jam. But if I pulled it back all the way it did not do that and cycled just fine. I was thinkin with the gas having another way out, it wouldn't be pushing the bolt all the way back causing it to half ass load a round thus causing it to jam.

What mags are you running?

If the magazine is presenting the rounds tip high it could cause binding.. But the factory magazine is fairly good in that regard, so not the problem.

One thought, have you fired lacquered ammo? It could be a dirty chamber, which would explain the non ejecting rounds. The lacquer melts in four rounds and sticks the cases.

So has this rifle done this since the 1st time you shot it? Csspecs pointed out that your chamber could need a good cleaning. Get some bore solvent and a chamber brush and scrub the hell out of that.