DISABLE BHO Feature on SGM Mag? How?

Is there a simple way to disable the bolt hold open feature on the SGM Tactical magazines? It's neat at first, but having the bolt slam into the breach each time a mag is removed is a bit ridiculous. I love the mags overall, but I don't like that feature from a combat perspective.

send me your follower. I'll send you my tapco follower. Done deal.

I am also trying to get rid of the LRBHO feature on my SGM's

Are you positive that the Tapco followers will fit?

The reason I ask, is because I tried to use the followers from the mags made by Saiga, and it was close (but no cigar).

The follower would not move freely inside the magazine body.

....If they DO FIT, is it possible to order the Tapco Followers separately?

send me your follower. I'll send you my tapco follower. Done deal.

I am also trying to get rid of the LRBHO feature on my SGM's

Are you positive that the Tapco followers will fit?

The reason I ask, is because I tried to use the followers from the mags made by Saiga, and it was close (but no cigar).

The follower would not move freely inside the magazine body.

....If they DO FIT, is it possible to order the Tapco Followers separately?

I'll check it, but i did use an SGM follower in my tapco magazine after a little filing to the interior of the mag body. The SGMs have metal reinforcement, so it probably wouldn't be a great idea to grind them down.

You can order both the regular follower and the 5 round follower from tapco or their distributors (use google shopping), but I'd pay a few dollars for a few SGM followers if you want to get rid of them.

Edit: Ok, I was able to make a Tapco follower fit with some minor filing (go slooooow). Apparently, the follower still comes up high enough to cause the BHO feature to still engage, so you'll have to file off the portion that is catching on the tapco follower. This will not void your SGM warrenty, and will allow you to tinker around with it on the cheap.

Oh, and the tapco followers catch mainly at the frontal portion of the follower where it thins out. You can't put material back on though, so be patient and keep trying it out. I don't know how much off the top would need to be taken to prevent BHO; I'd try, but after installing the bullet guide, my SGMs don't fit anymore.

Edited by Salmonking