It's only my fifth handgun and I've never messed with any pistol internals before, but this trigger pull is nuts!! Damned impulse buys... So has anyone out there ever done a trigger mod for reduced pull? Or would something like that be best left in the hands of a qualified 'smith? I can live with the single action, though that's quite a bit of over-travel, but double action is ridiculous. My girlfriend can't even get the hammer back while pulling the trigger. (Not that I'm about lo let her touch my new Sig, mind you..)

Also, anyone have any holster suggestions? I'm thinking SOB, maybe IWB. I've got a Blackhawk neoprene IWB that will fit it, but I'm looking for something a little nicer.

My sincere opinion (not trying to bust your balls, just being truthful):

I had one. It sucked. I've fired a few. They sucked too. The trigger is horrible in DA, and pretty shitty in SA. Mine was unreliable. I pitched it, bought a Walther P22, and never looked back. Now I have a few Walther P22s. They do not suck.

The looks and feel are really what sold me on this one. Never even thought to check the trigger.. I figured "It's a Sig Sauer, it must be kickass!" They're not all this bad though, right? I was planning on picking up another .40 soon and was debating between a Sig, Beretta, or a Springfield XD. Not sure how finicky my Mosquito will be on ammo yet (a whopping 30 rounds through it so far.) I had ammo issues with my P22 and that was why I bought this one... So that pretty much makes me a moron, eh? :lolol: Meah, nothing new there!

They are really nice-looking pistols, and feel alright in the hand. But for practical use, they do suck. That doesn't necessarily make you an idiot - I basically did the same thing. If you're having problems with your P22, it might be fixable under warranty.

I don't have a lot experience with other Sig pistols, but most people seem to like them. I don't like where the controls are positioned on most of their pistols - the decocker is where muscle memory tells me the slide release should be.

I don't like where the controls are positioned on most of their pistols - the decocker is where muscle memory tells me the slide release should be.

I do like the decocking lever- it's been pretty handy so far. You are absolutely right, though. It's positioned almost exactly where the slide release is on all my other guns and I constantly have to think about which gun is in my hand before I move my thumb.