The next Saiga you'll buy?

S! All

I know I'm getting another before the word gets out and the price triples but which? I've thought about a 223 for faster firing at my favorite target but I've also wondered how under gunned I'd be with a semi automatic 410? I hear you can legally do conversions on a 410 shotgun because of a loop-hole in this caliber per the shotgun rules. Might be fun blasting away with those little tiny shotshells. Which one would you like if you were buying another Saiga?

I'm completely baffled about whether to get the .308 or the 7.62. I thought about about a Cetme as well but it is a crap shoot and a local shop has a nice old one with the flash hider (I think that's what it is). That ones $400 and that's too steep. It also fits the HK addons but pressed steel not cast? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm no gun expert. I have just been wanting to get a decent all around but bad-arse looking rifle. The 7.62X39 Saiga has cheap ammo and it will be $60 cheaper via the local route but not quite as accurate. Is the .308 that much more accurate? I wouldn't mind hunting deer with it but really doubt I'll do that much since in this state you have to use a shotgun. If you had it to do all over again would you get a .308 Saiga for $259 locally? The .308 also has a re-enforced barrel? Not sure how much difference that makes. Ammo is about %40 more expensive for .308. Cash is pretty tight so it is a major consideration. Help! What should I get?

The 308 is more accurate but you will pay a little more up front to get it and have to hunt around a bit for GOOD surplus ammo. About 2X the price of 7.62x39. If you simply want to have a good time and shoot a lot without digging too deep into you piggy bank, the 7.62x39 is the answer. The accuracy is not target quality but not bad either. I shoot 223's thru a couple of bolt actions but would love to try the Saiga in 223 simply for fun if nothing else.

Must get the 7.62x39 and a .223 to go with the 16" .308 I got last week.

I'm selling my Romanian AKs (and an AR lower) to go Saiga. Why own Romanian when you can have a real, made-in-Russia AK action? The Saiga receivers, fit and finish, etc are so much better than Romanian.

I plan on converting at least two of the three to pistol grip config.

KySoldier - I am selling my SAR-3 first. It's .223, has a bulgarian AK74 bolt+carrier modified to work with the SAR-3 (works better than new), plus the original bolt and carrier. Gordon Tech trigger, and finished in dark park AlumaHyde II. Not sure if I want to sell it with the original wood or black plastic yet. I have 4 Weiger mags to go with it too.

Haven't decided where to sell it yet, but I'd like to get at least $450 for the modified rifle and mags.

I also have a WASR-10 hi cap that is a great shooter, might hang on to it for a while. Depends on how I like the Saiga 7.62.

The SAR-3 will definitely be replaced by Saiga .223

I have the 7.62x39 16" currently. I took it to the range on sunday for a little target pratice like usual but my buddy had a surprise. He had an old busted computer to shoot up! We set up some coffee cans and the computer at 60 yards and started blasting. Now this is what makes me need another gun, the 7.62x39 went clean through the computer(THICK soft steel), a cinder block(THICK), and lodged in a tree in one pass. I'm using the 154 grain wolf soft points if thats any indication. There's NO HIDING from these rounds cuz they'll go through and get you!

I was planning on using this rifle for home defense but the penetration is too risky for the neighbors sake. So having said that, my next purchases will be a Saiga-12gauge and a Saiga .308. The 7.62x39 will be great for a SHTF gun but I'd also like a home defense gun (12Gauge) and a sniper/long range(.308).

For the price of one classy rifle (~$800) you can have 3 different guns and cover close-in, battle, and sniper distances.

I've been nothing but impressed with my shorty 7.62 and wouldn't hesistate to get more Saigas.

Now where did I leave that pile of money? :unsure: