I just finished my Saiga 12 conversion today, and I noticed the gas tube (with rear sight) is loose. The front gas block that mounts over the barrel and gas holes is tight, but the gas tube wiggles side to side. Did I do something wrong? I don't remember it being loose before the conversion, but I really don't know what I could have done that would cause it to be loose. I supported the receiver any time I drilled, and I didn't need to beat on anything excessively. This really isn't too much of an issue for me since I have a Chaos Titan rail w/HK sights on order. But, if I was going to depend on the factory sights, I would have to get this fixed. How would you fix this? Perhaps put the receiver in a vise or press and tighten the front of the receiver where the gas tube is pinned? I was thinking that maybe since I removed the rear trigger pins (needed for the conversion), that maybe that was why the receiver spread apart?

Anytime, and remeber that the search engine on google is your friend on this forum, try a google search like "Saiga 12 loose gas tube" and guess what you'll not only have this thread, but mine and others. Best of luck, and don't forget to post pictures of your baby, everyone here likes pictures. Happy Shooting!!!!