I have been looking for stock adapters for my 308. I have found a few, some I like some I don't. My favorite is the one made by R and R Target but the brownell sight says it is for the shotgun. Does anyone know if it will fit the 308?

Here is the link to the brownells sight for the adpter.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=31971/Product/SAIGA_SHOTGUN_STOCK_FURNITURE_AR_15_BUTTSTOCK_ADAPTER

I have the best stock adapter ever made for saigas.

I got it from a forum business member, but he doesn't offer them for commercial sale.

DSC01581.jpg

Its aluminum and it puts the stock up high, in line with the bore on both the S308 and S12.

I got it from a forum business member, but he doesn't offer them for commercial sale.

DSC01581.jpg

Its aluminum and it puts the stock up high, in line with the bore on both the S308 and S12.

What adapter is that? Figures, I just dropped coin on an ACE.

DSC01581.jpg

DSC01581.jpg

Nice adapter. Where can I buy one?

Seriously though, isn't it a bit tough to eyeball the sights with the stock that high?

Oh, sorry oh great one. I will not ask questions as I'm not worthy of a more detailed explanation.

DSC01581.jpg

I don't have the best eyes but it looks like it is above the bore. Also, as noted it seems that if it is sitting notably higher than a normal stock then using the irons would be problematic. A Vltor or CAA tube puts the stock in line with the bore. Unless you want a folder they (speaking only of the metal CAA adapter as I haven't handled the plastic one) are good options.

Speaking more broadly, any stock option that will work on a stamped receiver AK should work on the normal 308, as opposed to the ver 21.

I don't have the best eyes but it looks like it is above the bore. Also, as noted it seems that if it is sitting notably higher than a normal stock then using the irons would be problematic. A Vltor or CAA tube puts the stock in line with the bore. Unless you want a folder they (speaking only of the metal CAA adapter as I haven't handled the plastic one) are good options.

Even better.

And no. I don't have problems with the iron sights.

Hmmm, it would be interesting to handle it. It looks to sit roughly as high as my Magpul stock with a cheek riser I added to allow a proper cheek weld with the use of an optic (but pictures can be deceiving). For me that is too high to use the irons in a normal way.

Hmmm, it would be interesting to handle it. It looks to sit roughly as high as my Magpul stock with a cheek riser I added to allow a proper cheek weld with the use of an optic (but pictures can be deceiving). For me that is too high to use the irons in a normal way.

It handles well for me.

It is a really fun gun to shoot. The stock and sights encourage you to really get behind the gun correctly.