Picture of Mako tube and stock on Saiga 12?

I'm doing a shopping list for my Saiga 12 conversion, and it would be tremendously helpful if someone could post up a picture(s) of the Mako tube (the one that keeps your rear tang) with a Mako stock on it while mounted on a Saiga 12. Preferably both would be recoil reducers, but I doubt it matters. In particular, I'd like to see the angle of the tube to the receiver.

I did a ton of searching, but was completely unable to come up with anything. (Yes, I know they're not 922r compliance parts.)

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I just ordered the GL-SHOCKCP, the one that comes with the adjustable cheek riser kit. Will get pics as soon as I get it, I've already got the Mako tube on my S12, so it'll be a picture of both when it comes in. Ordered it because, as much as I love my Magpul ACS, the built in cheek rest on the ACS is too low for my rail mounted AR style sights and optics on my S12. Price was good, has everything on it I want and they do free shipping on anything over $99, which it was just over that mark. The only downside I can see is that its not US made, but I'm well in the green on that and can afford a couple of non-US made parts.

Wow, I can't believe someone resurrected this thread. I went and bought them, too. Stock tube angle is parallel to the receiver, which is what I was hoping for. Fits really tight, too. Can't ask for much more. Definitely looking forward to finding a Sunday to get out to the range and see how it affects reliability with slugs.

Edited by erwos

Wow, I can't believe someone resurrected this thread.

Well I had looked at this post when you originally put it up since I have the tube, just not the stock. Since I just ordered the stock and noticed there were still no pics of the whole deal up I thought I'd make a note here to get a pic done when it comes in, which should be later this week, I don't remember their shipping being too bad, just not as fast as CSS.

Fits really tight, too.

The tube took some work to get it to fit right, it was sticking out just a little on my first try (like 1.5mm), and I left it like that until I dissasembled my gun again. When putting it back together I knocked out both nuts including the little plastic wedge that the forward one sits in so that I could reposition them to snug it all the way up to the receiver, fits perfectly now...yes, I just said you have to position your two nuts and wedge thing right or it won't fit very well.

Alright got my GL-Shockcp (I think the cp means its the one with the adjustable cheek riser) in the mail today, came while I was out at a pistol course required to get my conceal carry license. Mako ships moderately fast, but not CSS fast, it takes them a day or two to get it in the mail. Weight wise its around 14oz, which is a little heavy, but it is still about 1 ounce less than the Magpul ACS with .7" recoil pad that was on the weapon. No instructions included, so it took a bit of work to figure out, I had to watch the little demo video on thier site again to make sure I even knew of all its features. All the buttons/knobs are very tight, takes some work to adjust length or open the battery compartment. Holds only two batteries compared with the ACSs 6 123s or 4 AAs (not to mention its side compartment), but the battery compartment seems extremely watertight and 2 is more than enough for me, I don't have a pile of accessories on the gun all sucking juice, just the EOTech. So:

Recoil abosrbing spring

No wobble, I do have it on one of thier own buffer tubes, but it is a little hard to adjust length

Holds 2 batteries very secure, hard to open

Very nice butt pad with some thickness and grip to the rubber

Adjustable cheek riser is high enough to handle my higher Chaos Titan mounted AR style sights

Sling attachment is QD only, no regular attachment points

NOT NOT NOT 922r complaint, made in Israel

Haven't fired with it yet, so can't comment on anything related to that.

Looks like:

hpim0160q.jpg

Edited by fauxknight