test fired my 223 with new conversion and AK- Weaver mount at 200 yrds can keep it well with in a 2'' red dot. 55 grn.serria bullets. Ready for that ground hog to show his face in my garden. Wish I could say the same for my saiga 308, posted on the 308 forum, accuracy is the pits, ready to use it for a tomato stake.

sell off that 308 and buy you a 7.62x39 or another 223. or hell, even one of the shotties! they all kick ass!

i've read from guys that they believe their saiga 223 is more accurate than their ar.

actually i read somewhere else that a saiga 223 is more accurate than your basic ar plinker.

sorry i don't have hard proof of all this but a real thorough search and i'm sure you'll come up with the same info.

the only models i'm missing is the 223 and the 410.

doubt i'll ever get the 410 due to ammo prices and ammo sensitivity and mag availability. unless i find one for a killer deal.

i always wanted a 223 version but never jumped on it b/c i already have a mini 14 but now i know how accurate they can be and now i want one and it's almost too late.

a local shop has one but they want about $500 for it.

i'm waiting for that 30'06! and hopefully they consider the 7.62x54r!

damn im really wanting a 223 saiga now!

right now i'm eyeballing a par3 223 pump action ak.

does anybody know if they can be converted to semi?

it seems that if you tap the barrel then install a standard gas tube then it should go semi.

anybody have any info on these?

It can be done. I don't have firsthand experience, but I've heard that they have a front trunion thats compatible with the Bulgarian barrels that Kvar has. The SAR3s were reported built with Bulgie barrels,too. You could build a 5.45 or a .556 AK from it.