New User Intro

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself and thank every one that contributes to this great resource for Saiga owners! I was able to get pretty much up to speed on the ins and outs of the Saiga 12 in just a few evenings of reading many informative threads, the search engine works great too BTW.

I probably bought my Saiga 12 at the peak of pricing last week, I have wanted to buy one for years but just never came to be. An local gun shop here in Vegas just happened to get a long awaited shipment in and I figured what the heck, have not even seen one around here for a long time, I also like to support the local shops when I can. I found cheaper on the Web but not much once shipping and transfer fees are added. Any ways no big deal I can tell it will be a money pit :smoke:

My first order for upgrades was shipped from CSS yesterday that included a pistol grip conversion #7 a few other parts, drum and a couple of stick magazines. Still deciding on front grip/rail and muzzle attachment.

My Saiga 12's documentation is dated 03/03/11, the serial # starts with H09. Can not imagine why it took two years to be documented?

The importer is LEGION USA INC on the other side of the receiver it looks like a Velcro patch in the metal. I would imagine another importers mark was covered up.

It has three ports, one of the front two ports is just slightly covered by the gas block.

I'm going out to the desert this afternoon to test fire it with some different ammo, to give me an idea what may be required tweaking while I/m doing the grip conversion.

Here is a picture of my stock Saiga 12, it's not going to look like this for very long :devil:

Again, I want to thank you all for a great Forum. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

IMG_9654.jpg

Thanks for the welcomes! I can see that it is an addiction!

TO THE FLOOR it cost $750.00 gunshop said they are making $50.00 bucks on them and they had another batch coming that will cost $50.00 more?

Seems to me they should be able to get them cheaper than that buying in bulk.

• Like 1