Saiga 12 - SBS 8" - Problems? True or Not?

I'm in the market for an SBS. I really wanted a Super Shorty, have been emailing around and have been told by one of the builders that 8in barrels have problems over long periods of heavy use. Is this true? Please give me some advise on how to modify my Saiga. If possible post pictures of your favorite builds and who built them. Thank you guys in advance for the help in steering me in the right direction.

HERES REPLIED EMAIL:

I will not be offering the 8in S12 anymore as it prone to failure over long periods of heavy use. quite simple the op rod is so short that it has no support when carrier is to the rearward portion of its cycle. what eventully happens is this put a large amount of stress on the rails inside of the receiver and will eventully wear them out prematurly, this leads to dust covers blowing off as well as other issues.

there is also issues with limited choices for handguards with the SSS12

now with the understanding of this I will build you one but warranty will be limited.

I would recommend the SS12 10" barrel, there is still enough op rod left to ensure proper function and will give years of use.

Not if they are designed and built correctly.

Tromix has been shipping out 8" guns since 2002. Get a different builder.

The Tromix 8" SBS is our flagship product and the best you can get. There is no limitation on the warranties for these guns.

Edited by BobAsh

We had a police department in Miami Dade County test fire one of our 8" guns nearly 5,000 rounds without a problem. There is a thread about it somewhere. Then I sold it to a farmer buddy of mine that is still taking out vermin with it today.

Of course if you set your gas setting on #2 and fire a bunch of 3" magnums out of it, you will fuck it up in short order.

But...I am not shitting on the other builder....if that was his experience with the 8" guns that he has built, I can't argue with that.

Tony

Scott, we aren't interested in increasing throughput. Tromix is the best for a reason.

It's easy to get in the build queue. On the day the list opens, you send your email right after midnight. The list usually doesn't close for 12-24 hours generally speaking.

And it's not like Milt Sparks where you have to hit redial 100 times to get your order in orders are received based on the time they come in.