truckbed liner as a firearms finish

Several years ago I had Line-X put on my truck for $425. It was indestructible. Two years ago I saved some money and put Heculiner on a different truck for about $120. It looked great when first applied. I started thinking of all the things I can put this stuff on. Thank God I never got around to any of them because almost half the liner has disappeared from my truck since then. I will never use Heculiner on anything ever again. Line-X is the only way to go for a truck liner. But for a firearm it's way too thick.

Several years ago I had Line-X put on my truck for $425. It was indestructible. Two years ago I saved some money and put Heculiner on a different truck for about $120. It looked great when first applied. I started thinking of all the things I can put this stuff on. Thank God I never got around to any of them because almost half the liner has disappeared from my truck since then. I will never use Heculiner on anything ever again. Line-X is the only way to go for a truck liner. But for a firearm it's way too thick.

Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure to never use it on anything. Too bad I can't do the spray on stuff. That would be better than cerakote.

Saw a guy do his entire M-4 on deployment with the spray on bed liner stuff......the armory guys were royally PO'ed when we got home. LOL

How'd it hold up?

Dirt really collected in the textured part and it always looked more tan than black.

Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure to never use it on anything. Too bad I can't do the spray on stuff. That would be better than cerakote.

Saw a guy do his entire M-4 on deployment with the spray on bed liner stuff......the armory guys were royally PO'ed when we got home. LOL

How'd it hold up?

Edited by armory