I got one to day,Its awesome.balky and heavy , but it works great,has all the original papers,lots of goodies in the box,very bright and legal in Kalifornia :haha:

Hey,Z it wont fit my PSL,Saiga no problem,what do you think?

DSC05985.jpg

DSC05970.jpg

DSC05967.jpg

DSC05969.jpg

DSC05968.jpg

Cant wait to go hunting pigs next month :super:

Love it! How much, where, and how long? :wub:

$450 delivered ,guy from another forum ,never used it,I was looking at ebay and gunbroker,sometimes you'll see them, but usually they used and missing stuff, 450+60/80 shipping

I got one to day,Its awesome.balky and heavy , but it works great,has all the original papers,lots of goodies in the box,very bright and legal in Kalifornia :haha:

Looks good Ataka, I think you'll like it. Glad to hear it's nice and bright, it can be a little bit of a roll of the dice sometimes with these but it sounds like you got an unused one. I'm thinking it's from Finland, a few years ago a bunch of Russian built models in perfect condition came on the market from there, yours looks the same as mine and others I've seen.

Did you get the AA battery modification? Probably so I wouldn't imagine the NSPU batteries would still be good.

As far as not fitting the PSL rail unfortunately I'm not surprised, PSL rails are probably the most finicky that I have experience with. Not sure what to say other than to see where it's binding up, it could need just a bit of filing on the PSL rail edge to get the NSPU on the rail. If it's binding up before getting halfway down the rail that sounds normal, the NSPU doesn't seat forward like PSO optics do, it's at the rear on PSL's and SVD's.

For example:

psl7.jpg

NSPU-001.jpg.JPG

I have shot mine out to 400m at night and they do great but it depends on ambient lighting since the tube is an image intensifier. Speaking of tube you can zero these in the day if you leave the lense cap on, it's grainy but works. My final 100m zero ended up being on 10 instead of 1 for the elevation turret but I haven't bothered to slip it back to 1 like I would with a PSO. From 0-400m there isn't much drop for 54R so I just use a bit of hold over past 300m.

Couple things to know, don't point it at light sources. You can burn the receptors out doing that and create foggy spots, the NSPU is really really sensitive. Don't take the lense cap off during the day, total doom will follow. The lense cap can turned to increase brightness but often cuts off instantly if it's too bright. That's normal just give it a second to come back on. During the day you'll see this happen alot until you get it where you want at that moment, at night it tends to not be as much of an issue.

Congrats on a nice acquisition. I'm sure you'll have a blast hog hunting with it. I've been meaning to go with mine but in Texas everything hunting related is all commercialized and expensive unless you know someone with land, unfortunately at the moment I don't. I have something in the works but nothing firm yet, hopefully it pans out.

Z

Edited by TX-Zen

Looks good Ataka, I think you'll like it. Glad to hear it's nice and bright, it can be a little bit of a roll of the dice sometimes with these but it sounds like you got an unused one. I'm thinking it's from Finland, a few years ago a bunch of Russian built models in perfect condition came on the market from there, yours looks the same as mine and others I've seen.

Did you get the AA battery modification? Probably so I wouldn't imagine the NSPU batteries would still be good.

As far as not fitting the PSL rail unfortunately I'm not surprised, PSL rails are probably the most finicky that I have experience with. Not sure what to say other than to see where it's binding up, it could need just a bit of filing on the PSL rail edge to get the NSPU on the rail. If it's binding up before getting halfway down the rail that sounds normal, the NSPU doesn't seat forward like PSO optics do, it's at the rear on PSL's and SVD's.

For example:

psl7.jpg

NSPU-001.jpg.JPG

I have shot mine out to 400m at night and they do great but it depends on ambient lighting since the tube is an image intensifier. Speaking of tube you can zero these in the day if you leave the lense cap on, it's grainy but works. My final 100m zero ended up being on 10 instead of 1 for the elevation turret but I haven't bothered to slip it back to 1 like I would with a PSO. From 0-400m there isn't much drop for 54R so I just use a bit of hold over past 300m.

Couple things to know, don't point it at light sources. You can burn the receptors out doing that and create foggy spots, the NSPU is really really sensitive. Don't take the lense cap off during the day, total doom will follow. The lense cap can turned to increase brightness but often cuts off instantly if it's too bright. That's normal just give it a second to come back on. During the day you'll see this happen alot until you get it where you want at that moment, at night it tends to not be as much of an issue.

Congrats on a nice acquisition. I'm sure you'll have a blast hog hunting with it. I've been meaning to go with mine but in Texas everything hunting related is all commercialized and expensive unless you know someone with land, unfortunately at the moment I don't. I have something in the works but nothing firm yet, hopefully it pans out.

Z

Thanks Z. I was kind of WTF ,where it went black on me,I see it normal,I am keeping the cap on all the time during the day .The guy I bought it from got it from Finland few years back.

AA adapter ,English manual,complete package.I keep looking for the tool, it some where in the box , so many secret places there its ridicules :lolol:

Do you know what is this bigger round thingi? , you can see it on the pic on the left of the cams

PS love your Dragunov. :super:

Edited by atakacorp

I am with Z on this one .Maybe they are heavy and not very user friendly :rolleyes:,but they build to last . I believe they went through Afghanistan and I heard stories around the camp fire in Lebanon 1st war about NV Soviet scopes,night patrols was a bitch after those stories,never sow one though, so those scopes are battle proved :killer:

Edited by atakacorp

Thanks.

I went to the range yesterday, Zeroed the scope in 10 round at 50 yards and then 100 ,everything works great a little bit fuzzy with the filter on. Russian Spetsnaz guy suggested shooting right handed with the left eye open,I tried it, way to go with those offset high Russian scopes. :super: