Got my internals back from CSM-W yesterday and put her back together, with a couple of extra adjustments. Went out today to sight in my EOTech, brought 15 rounds Win X 1 oz 2 3/4" 1600 fps slugs and 30 rounds of Remington 1oz 2 3/4" 1560 fps slugs as well as some miscellaneous target loads.

All back together:

hpim0151w.jpg

Started at 25 yards with the Remington slugs, was high and to the left so I walked it over a few rounds at a time. I may have fired a few target loads at this one while waiting for a cease fire:

hpim0157l.jpg

Moved out to 50 yards, made a little bit of an adjustment back to the left. Used the last 5 Remington slugs and then moved to the 15 Win X. While the two slugs are listed as similar the Win X kicked like mule and made clouds of smoke. I definately pulled a couple of shots, did half of these standing and I think I flinched a bit when the Win X started kicking me. I did at least get 18/20 on the paper and the two that aren't are very close:

hpim0159s.jpg

Gonna load up one cheap centurion for next couple times. Also had some issues still with target loads, but lucky for me its a RAA and I live in Ohio, guess I gotta ge a hold of Tom at CGW now.

Edited by fauxknight

Thats a good looking setup, what stock is that?

Man the Win. and Rem. slugs smoke the Fed slugs, I've got 1 oz. Feds and they are only doing 1400 fps...(i think, need to find the box and check)...

Good shooting especially the 50 yarder. After that many slugs any man would flinch atleast a little. Thats MOBG all day long!

Thats a good looking setup, what stock is that?

Mako buffer tube and Magpul ACS commercial spec stock with the larger .7" shock pad. I like the ACS stock, but now that my sights are much higher than the factory sights the cheek rest is too low. Dunno what to do about that, aside from maybe something with a raised cheek rest theres no point in changing stocks except to drop a little weight. Honestly shes too heavy in the front rather than the back, a lighter stock might throw her even more out of balance.

Man the Win. and Rem. slugs smoke the Fed slugs, I've got 1 oz. Feds and they are only doing 1400 fps...(i think, need to find the box and check)...

The centurion are only 1400fps as well, but they're heavier at 1 1/8oz so they're probably running a similar powder load to the Win Xs and Remingtons.

After that many slugs any man would flinch atleast a little.

I didn't notice it at all until I got to the Win Xs. The Remington just felt a lot lighter and didn't generate much smoke, but I'm sure after 30 slugs I was bound to start feeling it.

Mine shoots 4 inch groups from 100 yards using the fixed iron sights. Zeroed at 50 yards with the tactical scope

Haha rub it in. Its ok though, I gotta bring a bench rest with me, sit my ass down to use it, and take some time with my shots to see what she can really do, I'm sure I can tighten it up quite a bit.

Mine shoots 4 inch groups from 100 yards using the fixed iron sights. Zeroed at 50 yards with the tactical scope

You do realize a yard is 36 inches? I would have to see video proof to buy that story. Without a rifled barrel, sabots, and a 4x optic I am very skeptical.

With Eotech 512 + a screwed in rifled choke, I can do 2" one hole groups at 50 yards using Win X slugs.

No doubt, but what do those groups look like when you're still making sight adjustments, mixing ammo types, have a sore shoulder, standing, and making follow up shots almost as fast as you can get back on target? This was a have fun and get miy sights shooting straight enough session. When I get that case of Centurions in I'll spend a bit more time making sure they're dead on and 50, then get familiar with what they do at 100.

You do realize a yard is 36 inches? I would have to see video proof to buy that story. Without a rifled barrel, sabots, and a 4x optic I am very skeptical.

Rifled slugs are very accurate in a smooth bore shotgun I have no problem hitting poppers at fifty to sixty yard with that combo.. I have used sabots in a rifled barreled shotgun and I am not impressed with the accuracy with sabots I have had better luck with just standard lead slugs in rifled barrels than sabots...

Here is a 3-shot group my son shot from a bench at 80 yards with the stock sights.

I have Cobra's Winchoke adapter and an improved cylinder choke.

The slugs were some S&B 1 oz that I have had for a number of years. I don't know the velocity, but the recoil is not bad.

I was very suprised by the accuracy of the gun. Also the sights were well regulated, shooting about 3 to 4" high at 80 yards.

RIMG0217.jpg