Need help with double hook trigger trimming

I'm just about done with my Saiga 7.62x39 conversion, I'm just having trouble with the double hook U.S. trigger I got from TAPCO. As you know the Saiga comes with a single hook trigger, so I trimmed and identical slot on the other side for the double hook. I then mounted the trigger and saw that I needed to trim the forward edge of the opening for the main body of the trigger. Now I'm wondering if I need to trim the relieft slots more because the trigger will only travel about about 1/4" before the double hooks hit the receiver and cannot travel and further.

So, should I trim the slots further so that the trigger can travel further? I don't want to trim anything that's not necessary. I'm now wishing I would have gotten a single hook trigger.

Double hooks contacting receiver when trigger is pulled

24295Saiga_002.jpg

Double hooks contacting receiver (from inside)

24295Saiga_001.jpg

Edited by hartzpad

I used a single hook trigger on my conversion and it dropped right in with no trimming. However, my single hook trigger doesn't move very much at all before the hammer drops. Have you tried installing the entire FCG and see what happens when you pull the trigger? The trigger pull feels completely normal even though it moves very little when pulled.

Edited by Tengu