I'm back, now about tapco G2 fitting

Converted and shot the saiga, apparently I forgot a critical point. Fitting the tapco G2 trigger.

It works fine, but after breaking it fails to reset. Would someone explicitly show me through a picture or tell me what part to file down in order for a clean reset of the trigger?

It could be binding up on the receiver or a screw if you reused the Saiga trigger guard.I had the same issue with a Texas trigger,I swapped out a Tapco for the Texas because I wanted the best and had to reinstall the Tapco G2. The AK trigger works the same as that of a M1 Garand.

You might want to try to see if it passes the function test. Remove the cover and the bolt carrier, cock the hammer,then pull the trigger and the hammer hooks should release and the hammer should "go home". Now keep the trigger pulled and reset the hammer with your other hand and it should catch on the disconnector,then slowly release the trigger and it should hand off the hammer to the trigger and catch on the trigger hook/hooks and stay cocked. If it does this then it passes the test. If the hammer flies forward and does not catch on the trigger hooks then it fails the function test.

I have a Valmet that failed the test and a change of the diconnector spring fixed my problem,but make sure nothing is binding on any screws or the receiver. My Texas trigger was somehow binding on the receiver.

Let us know how it turns out! :killer:

• Like 1

Just to be sure, take pics of the trigger group with the bolt/carrier/dustcover all removed. It may be a simple fix in that regard. I had some functionality issues like you and then I realized that I put the hammer backwards :bag: . It could be something as simple as that, so give us a pic of the insides.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Just to be sure, take pics of the trigger group with the bolt/carrier/dustcover all removed. It may be a simple fix in that regard. I had some functionality issues like you and then I realized that I put the hammer backwards :bag: . It could be something as simple as that, so give us a pic of the insides.

this happened to me, solved after posting pics. post pics it helps...