Took the plunge, now I'm stuck

Had a blast doing the work up to this, but now what?

IMG_5037.jpg

Does anyone have measurements or a template for positioning the pistol grip hole?

Does it require an extra hard drill bit?( I had no trouble drilling out the pins but I assume they are softer than the receiver)

Here are a couple of templates I posted a few years ago. If printed at 100% scale / size they will be actual size when printed and you can line up your trigger hole and mark where to drill / file your pistol grip hole so it's in the proper location in relation to your trigger.

http://forum.saiga-1...stol-grip-hole/

The trigger guards that use an integrated pistol grip mount aren't really the most secure option for a grip, but they work if you don't feel like taking a few minutes to cut a pistol grip hole and do it the proper way.

Edited by KC913
  • Like 2

I had to do the same thing to my rifle. It was scary at first, then you will get a concept in your head about HOW you are going to do it, and its not so bad. You dont have to be perfect either, You should see mine, its far from perfect.

. You are going to draw your square on the bottom of the reciever with a pencil and ruler/straight edge. You are then going to drill out the corners, the 3/16 bit you used for your conversion will work but will be a little big, use something smaller if you can. Make sure when you cut your sides out with your dremel, that you dont take too much off. You cant put the steel back on so take it slow and keep fitting till your PG nut fits. Also, really try to make sure when you are center punching the corner holes to drill, you are taking into account how big your drill bit is. Thats where I 'messed' up and have a couple holes stickin out of the corners of my square, but its tight with my nut and noone will ever see it. Good luck