simple questions about a stock saiga.

hello fellas. i have a few questions that have raised in my mind, and am seeking input on the matter. im thinking of picking up a "stock" saiga and would like to know a bit of info.

i already own an Arsenal SGL31 and love it. i want a 5.45 saiga in its basic configuration. but i want to modify a few things. and these are where my questions come in. many of you here have great knowledge in this aspect and i admire that.

with me never having the chance to fire a saiga in its bastardized form strait from Russia, how does the trigger pull compare to that of the SGL? i love the trigger on my Arsenal the way it is. it breaks cleanly at the same point every time. i hear mixed feedback with the factory saiga trigger, but also realize its not in the correct spot to the true design of the platform. with everything left the way they come, if i throw a G2 trigger in it can i expect the same consitancy as i do with my Arsenal?

also, with the spare parts i have bought for my sgl, such as bolt carrier, bolt, do these parts need to be fitted to the rifle. i dont know if they are a drop in direct replacement or not. i tried to call K-VAR to confirm but i was unable to have these questions confirmed.

thanks guys.

hello fellas. i have a few questions that have raised in my mind, and am seeking input on the matter. im thinking of picking up a "stock" saiga and would like to know a bit of info.

i already own an Arsenal SGL31 and love it. i want a 5.45 saiga in its basic configuration. but i want to modify a few things. and these are where my questions come in. many of you here have great knowledge in this aspect and i admire that.

with me never having the chance to fire a saiga in its bastardized form strait from Russia, how does the trigger pull compare to that of the SGL?

Never shot an SGL, but the stock trigger is pretty much garbage.

i love the trigger on my Arsenal the way it is. it breaks cleanly at the same point every time. i hear mixed feedback with the factory saiga trigger, but also realize its not in the correct spot to the true design of the platform. with everything left the way they come, if i throw a G2 trigger in it can i expect the same consitancy as i do with my Arsenal?

From what I hear, the G2 is much better than the Arsenal trigger.

also, with the spare parts i have bought for my sgl, such as bolt carrier, bolt, do these parts need to be fitted to the rifle. i dont know if they are a drop in direct replacement or not. i tried to call K-VAR to confirm but i was unable to have these questions confirmed.

You should be good to go.

thanks guys.

i'd suggest buying a double hook g2 and modifying it to work as an overtravel stop, it makes for an amazing trigger

thank you. i plan to keep this thing as basic as i feel to. im gunna buy the trigger tonight. thanks guys.