Interest Probe: Full length stocks

Once in a while folks say they would love to have a Saiga with a full length stock like this

vepr223sok97Pioner5_5645.jpg

I could certainly do such a thing, though less ornate... with a lot of time, work, and a pretty big chunk of wood, which wouldn't be cheap. I could make the grip in the standard curved shape or my quasi P-grip. And it would require a selector/safety mod.

Something like this would have to be around $150 in the base version, more if finished and with buttpad. That would INCLUDE a new selector lever with a sporting rifle type thumb safety.

So shout if you think you'd want one if offered in that price range. If not, ok, just say so.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

I like the looks of that sort of thing... (ya know I dig the thumbholes, but I think you covered the thumbhole design as too difficult to get the cuts right... just as a point of note, as I asked you about that for a different stock design... )

My question would be this... as I am sure someone else will ask it...

how would the new safety lever work? would it be mounted thru the same hole, but be "up" on the receiver kinda, and you would push it forward for fire and then pull it towards the back to safe?

I am actually more curious as to the design of the safety lever...

as that could have potential for other applications aside from a full length stock such as that....and be slightly more HUNTER friendly...

Will they be modded safety levers? or do you have some ideas for a "built from scratch" one??

:smoke:

Steeper rake = ?  If you mean more vertical grip, that's my specialty.

Good news is that it wouldn't take a ton of R&D.  Just a serious buyer.

Oh, and the barrel would be free floated too, at least not touching the forend.

Steeper rake damn you!!! Dont you understand? :lolol: (sorry I was in mountain bike mode, front for pitch is called "rake") Yeah, something like your non conversion semi P-grip would be nice, It would re-sporterize a converted saiga, kinda add a touch of class. Keep me posted on these, I would take one.

Unfortunately it wouldn't work on a converted Saiga, only the unconverted ones. I'd have to do a thumbhole if the Saiga was converted, which isn't really my department, though I could give it a shot (on a lower item of course to try my hand at it.) It would look like the Super VEPR, not the VEPR Pioneer.