Broken bayonet lug

It would take me about 2 minutes to tack it back down, another 5-10 minutes shaping/smoothing and then a day for the prep/paint.

Weld it back on... Or take the overly debated route and use JB Weld.

Reshape with hand files/dremel and then sand.

Prep/paint.

Who did you buy that rifle from? It looks to me as though someone just spot-welded (? ) a lug on the regular "sporter" gas block, (which is manufactured without one).

On mil-spec gas blocks and FSBs, the lug is not a seperate piece.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ Imported the above from the locked duplicate thread in the 7.62x39 forum. I still wanna know who sold that to you, Yoshi... cause that's some Bubba shit right there. :D

Id rather not say, the dealer has been more than helpful and great with all their service. Im still waiting to hear back from the builder about warranty. Really dont want to send it back but Im pretty anal about the finish and feel they should make it right. I paid a shiny penny for the gun (I was going to build myself but saw exactly what I wanted already done and figured hell whats a couple $$).

Edited by Yoshi

I still wanna know who sold that to you, Yoshi... cause that's some Bubba shit right there. :D

Definently feeling a little sore in the ass.Moving foward, Im taking the right way for me to fix it would be a gas block with the lug built on to it installed?

Edited by Yoshi

Anybody who 'knows' how to weld can tack that back on, and it be permanent.

If that was initially welded on, it was very poorly done.

This would be the simplest and most cost effective route for someone like myself.

But yeah, the very best fix would be complete replacement with a original factory part.

I would just rather save a few bucks and have the fun of doing it myself.

Adding on to this thread, by the time I bought wood furniture, had bolt and carrier polished, and gun koted... Like Chile said if I have it welded on and touched up Im still money ahead (maybe?). I know Im not going to be happy with it cosmetically at this point.

Yeah, Im looking into Moly Resin to finish my S-12, so Im thinkin welding the lug back on and using the moly to touch it up. Hopefully it should turn out alright, and it beats the hell out of sending my AK all the way to Arizona! Probably will be a little while but If thats the route I go I will post when it happens.

Edit: Ive been looking, where is a good place to get a gas block with lug built on? Thanks to all.

Edited by Yoshi