They may never have one, Im sure someone is out there working on this, although it will e a long time til saigas come with them from the factory. The closest thing we have is mags that hold action open with a hump on the follower, I think all SGM saiga mags have this. When you pull out the mag, the action slams forward if you dont hold it. its ok, not great, definately not a true LRHO

Guys might think, since most all modern auto loading rifles have this feature, this one will to. This is not a modern rifle, in any way. Its a 1947 design and thats what it is. As far as misinformation from a gun seller, I asked two, from two different stores what they knew of 922r. Niether had a clue what I was speaking of. And to make it worse, the one said you can use an ak mag in a factory saiga(which he sold) , it would work and its legal..... when I told him it wouldnt work, he said 'well look here" picked up the rifle and looked rather defeated when it didnt. I couldnt convince him that it was illegal to use, without a foriegn part replaced. He just said, ' if I sell it here, its legal to use', which wasnt actually true (it is for most things though). Im quite sure these guys may tell you anything to make there guns sell. I dont feel very good, thinking this is the way it is, I just wish these guys would get informed, with the facts and the law. Once it goes out there door, legality is not there problem anymore, its the gun owners problem, buyer beware.

I wouldnt be surprised if some dealers really think the BHO plate does hold bolt open after the last shot, If the two in my area had no idea of 922r, they may be missing some other rather important things as well.

Edited by Boomsick42

I didnt put mine in after I was done with my conversion. It was a nice feature, although not completely necessary. with a pistol you can tell immediately when your slide is locked back, with a rifle its not the same, when you are focused down your sights and your head is on the left. I cant say I really miss having it.

Last round bolt hold open is over rated. It just gets in the way and really doesnt do anything for you, despite what you think. Just get used to not having it and you will be more happy.

I really don't care if it has lrbho. I just don't like being lied to when buying something.

Last round bolt hold open is over rated. It just gets in the way and really doesnt do anything for you, despite what you think. Just get used to not having it and you will be more happy.

I really don't care if it has lrbho. I just don't like being lied to when buying something.

Thats for sure, I wish every gun dealer knew everything about what they are selling, sadly they dont. And it sure doesnt help the people who are buying from them.