15rd 410 mag feeding issues

Hey guys... i just got an sgm tactical 15 round mag for my 410 and we are having some disagreements... I would like it to feed the rounds each and every time... the mag sees things otherwise. Holding up the factory 4 round side by side with the 15 with shells loaded in each, i can see the factory has slightly more of an entry angle on it. This seems to be the root of the problem as it is jamming the shell on the bottom of the breech on insertion. Any links on modifying the mag to increase the angle of the shells? I could whip out the dremel and go to town on it... buuutt i figure its usually better to get ideas from someone else who has already gone through it. Thanks!

I have tried 3" federal and 3" golden bear. Golden bears seem to work a little better... i think i forgot to adjust to number 2 setting when using those because they kept having poor ejections. But did seem to cycle a bit better.... Still had problems though.

I've heard 3" federal don't work well in the Surefire mags. The metal cased bear will work fine. Stick to the stock mags for 3" federal and do yourself a favor and get one of those kickass russian 10 round 410 mags (yeah yeah, I haven't gotten around to it yet even...).

Hope that solves your problems.

Nice pictures, that's the way my new SGM 15 round magazine looks compared to factory 10 round magazine. Mine hand cycles 3" Federal rounds, hope to shoot it in a few days.

The SGM 15 round package says use 3" 410 ga ammo. Federal high brass A++, Silver Bear metal A++, Winchester super x B+ and Wolf A+++.

JR

Modified my feed lips. See photos. Kind of like a hair cut.... you can take some off, but you can't put it back on.

gallery_21430_435_62618.jpg

gallery_21430_435_13580.jpg

Good info!! This is a very common problem and I see posts like once a month at least about this.

You should start a thread with these images and a general explanation of how you did this so somebody could sticky it. There aren't nearly enough .410 centric stickies/tutorials. If you don't feel comfortable doing it I will do it with your permission but all you really need to do is make the thread and PM a mod.

Thanks!

Now... where did i put my file... Ok all filed down... i can definitely see a difference in the angle now... fully loaded its still at the same angle as the factory 4rd. hope this does the trick! Excellent pics by the way, just what i needed to see on which part to file down.

Edited by DohnJoe

Here is the Link. There are a few links with in that post as well. I would ask for a stickie, but it is kind of un-organized. Would be better served to start over as a DIY, but may get in trouble because it is a brand (SGM, Surfire) specific modification (kind of like asking why there is no .410 drum).

I did a pretty good write up on the 2 1/2" factory mags that deserves a stickie.

• Like 1