Rear sight block mod

I've got s Draco turned rifle. I want to mount a trijion rmr where the rear sight is now and use the tech sight rear peep sight. I want it to co witness. I've got a very good machinist and was thinking of milling down the current rear sight mount and tig welding a mounting plate. Thoughts?

Yea it's got a welded extension and an ace folder on it I love it. I was going for an ak100 like weapon I love the combo front sight gas block. I have read bad things about the mi mount but you know the things you read on the Internet. And that one cones with a rear sight and I'm going to use the tech sight as my rear so I don't know if they would all line up. But your right I guess it's worth the 75 dollars to see what it would be like. Then if I decide to cut and weld I could use the plate off the mi mount. Have you seen the attero sight mount? It looks a little cleaner than the mi one thats what Im going for a real clean look. If I welded a plate on the rear sight block then it would look like it came from the factory that way.

Gunfixer I love it. The reason I'm going with the rmr is I'm afraid the dust cover on the tech sight is going to need to be lifted more up and not be able to move back so much and I think the rmr plate would be short enough to let it clear. I'm basing all this on just looking at pictures. But thanks that pic really inspires me to just do it.

I know a setup like that would clear the regular dust cover. But I going to use the tech sight rear sight it goes in the slot in the rear turion and is higher than the dust cover, it uses a replacement dust cover and from the picture it looks like that dust cover won't come straight back like the regular one, it looks like you must lift up on it. Once I get all the parts together I'll look, but I think the mounting plate for the rmr will be short enough that it won't protrude past the dust cover. Thanks a lot now that I've seen someone that's done something similar ive decided I'm going to do it.