Gunked up gas system

Recently took my Saiga gas ssytem apart for inspection. Was real tough to get apart. Seemed a fair amount of red gunk had sealed up threads pretty good.

Once apart, my twister puck had all the grooves fully loaded with carbon / plactic gunk.

This was after maybe 2-300 rounds

Is this common? Gas system is factory, other than gas fix'r plug and twister puck.

It is normal for the gas system to build up carbon/ fouling build up and can get cup and shell pieces depending on how cheap the ammo you use is. 300 rounds is a fair time to clean it out. Other than that there is very little maintenance need done. Some here will even go as far as say NOTHING else need be done. I prefer some wipe down and lube but nothing thorough like my AR needs.

Recently took my Saiga gas ssytem apart for inspection. Was real tough to get apart. Seemed a fair amount of red gunk had sealed up threads pretty good.

Once apart, my twister puck had all the grooves fully loaded with carbon / plactic gunk.

This was after maybe 2-300 rounds

Is this common? Gas system is factory, other than gas fix'r plug and twister puck.

I've noticed the same problem with my Saiga-12 K. I get this plastic shit biscuit formed on the front of the gas puck after 100-150 rounds. How long is your barrel and how many gas ports do you have? Also, do you know what size your gas ports are? :unsure: