Need help with handguard issue

http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_308/akgt2.html

http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_308/akbor2.html

I'm not sure though if the lower handguard on the kvar sets need to be modified for the 308 larger diameter barrel.

I'm sure some one can chime in on that..,

Edited by hellraiser
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It does need to be modified. I tried fitting mine tonight and realized its gonna need some Dremel work.

I have a set on my 308 and the heat shiled was removed. Wear gloves during substained periods of firing

Edited by Berzerker2

It does need to be modified. I tried fitting mine tonight and realized its gonna need some Dremel work.

I have a set on my 308 and the heat shiled was removed. Wear gloves during substained periods of firing

The heat shield can be retained with a bit of modification to the handguard.

The heat shield can be retained with a bit of modification to the handguard.

Mine came from Dinzag w/o the shield. No issues either way Jim. I think it would probably mount and stay put better if the shield was modified and retained but I haven't been burned yet. I don't think heat would be that big an issue with the .308 as it most likely wouldn't be fired at the same rate that a 7.62 or 5.45 would. I don't burn through 308 mags at the range like 7.62's...too much $$$ :-)

Edited by Berzerker2