the holy triumvirate if russian shotgun mags

Took my S-12 out today, put through 200 rounds of federal bulk and 30 rounds of winchester 2 3/4" slugs with no problems whatsoever. The Molot magazine worked wonderfully. I'm really loving the magwell, makes for effortless mag changes. And the Molot mag is also drop free from the factory. And when I say drop free, it doesn't simply drop via gravity, the mag will shoot out of the magwell when I press the release tab :smoke:

If anyone is curious, that metal piece on the left is a factory reducer to turn a factory 8 into a 2 round mag.

2146o9h.jpg

Nice, dare I ask, what's the cost of these bad boys? Also, can we get some picks and info on your magwell, etc?

Nice reveiw btw.

that's about $500 worth of mags. And I just run the standard Russian magwell that Rusmilitary sells. I gotta tell you though, I had to fit that Molot mag to my magwell, and my butt was puckered up the whole time! I had to remove a lot of material, and you just have to be super careful not to remove too much material.

I also cut off my rear tang and put on an ACE folding mechanism and stock. I'm kind of iffy on it, it's got some up and down play in it which I don't like. And when you unfold the stock it also chews up the metal, unless you compress the spring which is a real PITA. What I do like is that versus the AK100 folding stock, I can shoot the gun left handed with the stock folded because the stock sits farther away from the receiver when folded.

All in all, I will probably have Mario @ POHF do an AK100 folding stock install for me and be done with it.

And for good measure...

v4mhj8.jpg

I bought them all off forum members here (love this forum!)

Oleg seems to have low stocks of the magazines lately. I will probably get a couple more of the Izzy magwell's when he gets them in stock, but I prefer the Molots myself. The ribbing on the side provides for a much more positive grip than the Izhmash magazine.

Nice, dare I ask, what's the cost of these bad boys? Also, can we get some picks and info on your magwell, etc?

Nice reveiw btw.

that's about $500 worth of mags. And I just run the standard Russian magwell that Rusmilitary sells. I gotta tell you though, I had to fit that Molot mag to my magwell, and my butt was puckered up the whole time! I had to remove a lot of material, and you just have to be super careful not to remove too much material.

I also cut off my rear tang and put on an ACE folding mechanism and stock. I'm kind of iffy on it, it's got some up and down play in it which I don't like. And when you unfold the stock it also chews up the metal, unless you compress the spring which is a real PITA. What I do like is that versus the AK100 folding stock, I can shoot the gun left handed with the stock folded because the stock sits farther away from the receiver when folded.

All in all, I will probably have Mario @ POHF do an AK100 folding stock install for me and be done with it.

And for good measure...

v4mhj8.jpg

Dude, I love the mags and the $19 shells. Wal Marts around here sell the same stuff for $22.95. :(

Now you need to add an Izhmash 2 rounder in a 2 round body. :)