scope mount

Has anybody tried the ar15 handle mount yet. I know the mka has 2 holes in the top i was wondering if a regular ar15 mount would work on the handle?

your best bet for accuracy is to take off the carrying handle and put some scope mounts directly on the flat top.

the flat top is to thick for a mount on the flat top ive tried. its not up to specs on the newer version thats why rev2 is changing that to specs.

Has anybody tried the ar15 handle mount yet. I know the mka has 2 holes in the top i was wondering if a regular ar15 mount would work on the handle?

your best bet for accuracy is to take off the carrying handle and put some scope mounts directly on the flat top.

the flat top is to thick for a mount on the flat top ive tried. its not up to specs on the newer version thats why rev2 is changing that to specs.

Get 2 low profile Risers and mount the scope mounts on them. Problem solved. All my optics fit fine on my MKA, I have a Jpointe Micro on it right now.

Edited by drewbroo

I purchased this scope:

red%20dot.jpg

from Carolina Shooter Supply and it was a tight fit with the oversize rail, but after using a little force I was able to get the scope installed. I'm very happy with the scope. And I was really impresed with Carolina Shooters Supply. I've now placed two orders with them and both orders were shipped the same day I placed the orders and I had them in hand within two days smile.png

I also purchased from them the Saiga 12 Phantom Flash Hider Door Breach 23536.JPG

To install that I used the MKA 1919 Muzzel Brake Adapter

DSC03196.JPG

along with the MKA 1919 Stainless Steel Extended Choke Tube Wrench 1919ChokeWrench02.jpg

which is needed to install that door breach.

I also added a VTAC Padded Adjustable Sling

vtac-mk2-bk-ug_specials.jpg

Here's what mine looks like now:

6193196696_020db1fccb_b.jpg

6193213022_9948899ba4_b.jpg

And as an asside, I've not had a single FTE yet and I've shot about 150 rounds so far from fast slugs to #8 shot at 1150fps.

It wasnt that hard to get it to fit. Just make sure you have the lever release as open as you can get it, then you'll have to use a lot of pressure, but not so much that you break anything. It also depends on where you want it. If you want it mounted further back or forward you might be able to simply slide it on. I didn't try that though.

If you are not able to get it on this way, or you want to lower the chance of breaking the scope mount, I think you could simply use a wrench and disassemble the scope quick release, line it up on the mount bar where you want it, then reassemble the quick release.

Piranah, Is that red dot an ncstar? It looks good on your gun but, is it holding up? I tried one their's a long while back and it didn't last a day on a bubbaed sks I'd picked up. I've pretty much considered them to be airsoft toys since then. It'd be nice to know I was wrong about that.

Thanks

Piranah, Is that red dot an ncstar? It looks good on your gun but, is it holding up? I tried one their's a long while back and it didn't last a day on a bubbaed sks I'd picked up. I've pretty much considered them to be airsoft toys since then. It'd be nice to know I was wrong about that.

Thanks

--EDIT--

--I'll check when I get home... it might be. YES IT IS

I haven't shot enough rounds with it mounted yet to be able to give a long term prediction on how it will hold up.

Edited by Piranah
  • 3 months later...

i bought the same scope for mine the only thing i dont like is that the laser site dont hold adjustment i found out a little bit of clear finger nail polish solved that problem, i have 3 ncstar green laser sites i love them there very very bright and there shine for along way out, but like the scope i had to use a drop of clear finger nail polish on the adjustments to keep them from moving, ive been pounding mine with 3 inch magnums and 2 and 2/3 inch rounds to see how the scope holds up so far so good. i really dont like red laser sights just because you cant see them in the day time there great for low light shooting. But the green you can seem them great in the day light.

I ordered one of those last evening...and while it may not work, my plan is to mount it on the handle, and using 1" rings, adding a LCD Lenser light. These things are really powerful and tight, and I think it would serve to light up both my forward sight, and the object at which I'm shooting.

That is, if 'see through' means you can still use the OEM rear sight with the rail attached.

And Piranah, if mounting the red dot on the flat top, does the front sight impinge upon the sight window? Or must you needs remove it?

Thanks!