My Fisrt conversion...but not my last

After much reading and much fear (I took the gun out of the safe 4 or 5 times before getting up the nerve) I did it.

Big thanks to Brian at Dinzag for his help and patience.

It was easier than I thought it would be and went much quicker. Had it all apart in like 30 minutes. ordered parts, and about an hour putting it all back. painted all metal with duracoat and did it in a little different color.

I'm very pleased how it came out and feel that it is as good as the krebs i bought used, actually my seems better because on theirs the safety comes up past the cover if the safety is on and you pull the bolt back and hit it.

anyway here are the pics of it.

Thanks Cas

post-25064-0-08976100-1317057363_thumb.jpg

post-25064-0-63494000-1317057386_thumb.jpg

i just used the 2pc clamp on type. expensive but easy. I may pick up a cheap $299 5.45 and play more. press off the gas tube and put a cheap surplus retainer. cut the barrel shorter, recrown and tack weld the fh to the fsb, tacking that to the barrel, making an overal 16 1/4" barrel. should be a cheaper build, but may not be 922 comp.