Zeroing Your 223!

Hello Guru's,

Long time no see, been busy and I was just wondering if anyone here had the process for zeroing a 16" 223 Saiga. I read it a long time ago here but to no avail I could not find it using the search function....Mods maybe if we post it here you could sticky it. It would be very helpful. Thanks in advance for your help guys!

DJ Big Dog

Edited by DJ Big Dog

1)Get an AK front sight tool

2)Set the rear sight scale at '1' for 100 yards.

3)Start at 25 yards to get on paper.

4)Fire 3 shots from the bench with the forend supported by the weak hand

5)Note where the 3 shots grouped

6)Correct vertical error with sight tool by screwing the front sight IN if hitting low; OUT if hitting high

7)Correct azimuth error with sight tool by pushing front sight LEFT if hitting left of center; RIGHT if hitting to right of center

8)Repeat steps 4 thru 7 until rifle grouping within an inch of Point-of-Aim at 25 yards

9)Set the target out to 100 yards

10)Repeat steps 4 thru 7 until rifle grouping dead-on (or where desired) at that range

May not be right, but that's how I do it.

• Like 2

Would that be the most battle efficient method for sighting? I remember reading that sighting at one short range would make it effective out to like 250 yards or such. It was like sight in at 25 and be 1" high at 100 but dead on at 200 and 1" low at 250 or the sort.

Would that be the most battle efficient method for sighting? I remember reading that sighting at one short range would make it effective out to like 250 yards or such. It was like sight in at 25 and be 1" high at 100 but dead on at 200 and 1" low at 250 or the sort.

I have been told, but never tried it to confirm this. A .223 zeroed at 33 yards is also zero at 100 yards. For "battle use" you would be good out to around 200-250 yards. Myself, I set it up to be 3 inches high at 100 yards, and "battle use" would bring me out to 300+ yards.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...