Well, I added a '74 muzzle brake to my Saiga. This was the last thing that I wanted to change for the conversion. I ordered the parts from Dinzag three days ago and they arrived at my apartment today. A little over 2 hours and I had the old FSB off and the new one with muzzle brake put on. I did it by cutting the horizontal lines down the old FSB and beating on it until it came off. I still have to pin it, but that is going to wait until I get up to myparents house and use the drill press there.

I do have a question though. When I take the brake off, the barrel is flush with the end of the FSB. However, I can see the marks the old one left on the barrel, and the new one is about 5-6 mm further down the end of the barrel than the old one was. You can see the mark in the second picture of where the old one used to sit. Is it supposed to stay flush, or do I have to pound it on a little more? If not, a little high temp paint and that mark will disappear.

Any ways, here are the pics.

dsc01935zy.jpg[/url]

dsc01936h.jpg[/url]

Thanks guys!! I also have one more question though. I put the FSB on as straight as I could judge with just my eye. I dont hve a laser bore sight or else I would use that. I was reading on another forum that it is ok to shoot before it is pinned to make sure the sights are lined up. Is this true? It was pretty tough getting on there, even with penetrating oil, so I dont think it would fly off once I started shooting, but just wanted to be sure.

That's what classy did and it worked fine for him. That's what I'm goig to do too. Get it sighted so the post is dead center between the ears by moving the fsb instead of the sight barrel then drill and pin it. Then you know you are perfectly aligned.