SGM tactical just set the new gold standard in Saiga rifle mags

i just got two new ones and was SHOCKED when i saw that they added a steel lug in the feed tab

Because the mags sit much higher than other .223 Ak mag designs thus allow for the superior feed angle i think these gen 2's may be the best mag option in terms of quality

ill share when my next batch comes in, i want to make sure it's not just a fluke before i promote anyone,

and ill get some pics when i can get my wife to give me the camera back

Oh and no i don't believe they have a locking lug cage with metal spines but *Edit* *THEY DO HAVE STEEL IN THE FEED-LIPS* and considering they're made out of glass filled Zytel similar in strength to Pmag's i don't think that's a major concern, i think if your gun is suffering impacts enough to destroy a surefire your pretty much doing something wrong.

The only problems i've had with my surefires were the BG feed tab starting to show serious wear and i'm not all that kind to them, but with the steel insert i don't imagine that to be a problem with the new model.

The only problem with my circle tens is, The front of the mag body is to small and allows for side to side twisting, they are super tight, however. in addition they do sit pretty low not low enough to stop proper feed with a BG but low enough that it is feeding at a relatively harsh angle when compared to the surefire. but they do look incredibly tough though. i don't think any normal test could brake the Cric 10 so if you know your guns going to get absolutely pounded circle 10's are a good option

Edited by Joebanks
  • 3 weeks later...

I called SGM and spoke to a tech about another issue (I have an SGM Quad Rail and he explained how to eliminate the tiny wobble on my .223). I asked him about this steel-reinforcement question in the OP. He told me they do occasionally make improvements to the polymer but was not aware of any steel being added to the mags.

It's not much of an issue for me now that I have Dinzag's ramp installed and a supply of Circle 10 mags. I have enough Surefire mags to keep a few with the feed lip intact in case something goes wrong with my bullet ramp. If that were to occur I can remove the ramp and carry on. Not trying to pick fights...just passing on the message.

[Edit: I found SGM technical support to be excellent]

Edited by chunga