Finally got her running correctly

Very good. Drumps are like Toyota.... Oh what a feeling!

Yes, I just coined the term "Drump" (drum dump). You saw it here, folks, on saiga12.com! evl breaths life to a new phrase. Now carry on a drump away....

slo,

What did you do to it to make it run well?

Very good. Drumps are like Toyota.... Oh what a feeling!

Yes, I just coined the term "Drump" (drum dump). You saw it here, folks, on saiga12.com! evl breaths life to a new phrase. Now carry on a drump away....

slo,

What did you do to it to make it run well?

New phrase in my thread! WOOT.

Long story short i thought i had fucked up something during the conversion so i tore the gun all the way back down, double and triple checked everything and found everything was correct but it still wouldnt cycle. Found a thread on here friday afternoon where a guy said his optic being all the way rearward on the rail caused FTE's every round. Moved my rear sight in front of the ejection port and it runs like a champ.

Specs on the setup

Chaos extended quad

SOG vertical grip

DPH flame brake

MD V-plug

MD Booster puck

CSS Low power recoil spring

CSS modded BHO

CSS retainer plate

Magpul MBUS sights

Tapco intrafuse sling

JTE extended mag release

CSS billet trigger guard

Hogue pistol grip

Magpul moe stock with CAA tube

Tromix fcg

JTE main spring

Polished and profiled all the internals

Drilled all three ports to 3/32"

Edited by slostang

New phrase in my thread! WOOT.

Long story short i thought i had fucked up something during the conversion so i tore the gun all the way back down, double and triple checked everything and found everything was correct but it still wouldnt cycle. Found a thread on here friday afternoon where a guy said his optic being all the way rearward on the rail caused FTE's every round. Moved my rear sight in front of the ejection port and it runs like a champ.

Hmmmm, like an anti-Neilson device.

What is the reasoning behind moving the rear sight forward to increase reliability? I have not heard of this. How heavy is your sight? I ask because I have a titan rail and put the HK sights on it and am wondering if it will affect reliability.

You will be fine with the Chaos sights because they screw into the top of the rail. My magpul sights mount normally to the rail. My issue was the shell was actually barely touching the bottom of the sight when ejecting causing FTE's.