Don't take that comment as me knocking your accuracy, just making a potential observation toward improvement.

I have not managed to get to a range to stretch out the legs on my rifle like this. I think its wonderful really.

What kind of bullet drop were you looking at at those distances?

The bullet drop is hard to explain but I'll keep it short. The scope was set @ 2.5 power and I ended up putting the cross hair( where it meets the reticle, its a duplex style ) right on the target, when I turned the power up to 10x the target would've been at the very bottom of the sight picture. My friend who was also shooting at that target w/a .308 bolt action was set at 10x on his scope and was hitting really low. The angle of the shot was about 15% or so down hill. I'd like to know the exact range, but when the .308 was hitting that low I knew we were really reaching out there. There were some chunks of rock flying so I know there is still a lot of damage that can be done at extreme ranges w/ that caliber!! Hope this helps, for me on a long shot I'm gonna use the lower magnification on my scope. I learned something new that day albeit by accident. HAPPY SHOOTING!!!!!

I think the x39 and 308 hit within 2-3 inches of each other at like 400yrds. Then the x39 drops considerably faster of course. At least acoording to some recent ballistic chart comparing. Ymmv.

Nice shooting, I'd love to see what you can do on a marked range. I'm hoping to work myself and my RPK up to 1000yrds. Talk about "Lobbing them out there." lol. But if I could hit anywhere on a man sized targer at that range, I'd be happy.

Good shooting.

• Like 1