This is been a long time in the making, just another little project I've designed. This console host a Tascam SX1-Le with auto faders, Apple G5 w/protools, Can't wait to get it all up and running, this thing was kinda a pain in the ass to design, don't really know way, but it was! Next home project is a killer vocal booth.

post-11513-0-45031100-1318636849_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

This is been a long time in the making, just another little project I've designed. This console host a Tascam SX1-Le with auto faders, Apple G5 w/protools, Can't wait to get it all up and running, this thing was kinda a pain in the ass to design, don't really know way, but it was! Next home project is a killer vocal booth.

Very nice!!! Really like the set up. I have a bedroom studio in my house. We are using a custom, built by our guitarist, computer with cubase 5. We recorded an 11 track album as more of a learning process and have started production of another full length. I'm happy to see someone else on here that's into this side of music. Are you a musician as well and what kind of music are you playing/recording? The recording isn't a problem for us but mastering seems to be a bit of a hurdle.

He's producing straight up gangsta rap. Chaos subwoofers and amps coming soon.

Edit to add: PS- The Tascam is pretty nice for home recording. My buddy used to have a similar setup in his basement with a custom booth. Good stuff.

Edited by KC913
  • Like 1

Very nice!!! Really like the set up. I have a bedroom studio in my house. We are using a custom, built by our guitarist, computer with cubase 5. We recorded an 11 track album as more of a learning process and have started production of another full length. I'm happy to see someone else on here that's into this side of music. Are you a musician as well and what kind of music are you playing/recording? The recording isn't a problem for us but mastering seems to be a bit of a hurdle.

I am a musician. I got into music late in life at 33, I now 44 so 11 years of cramming all the band knowledge I can. I own a five piece band that can play anything from bluegrass to demon metal, our bands site: http://skippinstone.com/ Its new, my son Preston our drummer built it. Yes mastering is the hardest part. We never really had are shit together and taken the effort to put together a real recording room but with the band I have now, it's worth it, they are amazing, play anything. I'd have to say from resreaching pro-tools is it as far as mastering, it'sgoing to be fun learning but Ethan our lead guitarist and also my son, is light years up on this than I am at this point, but I learn very fast no matter what the technology is.

Looks good...032.gif Similar to my setup, i also converted my closet into full size vocal booth with sound proof double glass window and acoustic foam...

What style of music are u making?

Funny you say that, we are inlaying our vocal booth into a double wide closet by removing the sliding doors and shelving.

He's producing straight up gangsta rap. Chaos subwoofers and amps coming soon.

Edit to add: PS- The Tascam is pretty nice for home recording. My buddy used to have a similar setup in his basement with a custom booth. Good stuff.

The SX1 is a damn nice board, a lot of country artist where using these boards for portable recording at high quality during concerts, It was discontinued because it was to complex for most people to learn without prior recording room experience. Here's my design of the booth we are getting ready to build.

post-11513-0-87645400-1318797924_thumb.jpg

We don't have booths or anything, but we are getting a pretty good sound now. The music on our album we have out is a bit raw. The drums were recorded a while back at another studio. It was mostly the cost of recording that pushed us to do it ourselves. So, we just built on the few basic tracks that we had. This album that we are starting is a lot more refined and leaning into a progressive metal type genre. We don't use profanity in our music because I don't believe it is neccessary to convey a message or story, and we want to be acceptable to parents as well as young people. I'll check out your site as soon as I get back to a PC. Using iPhone ATM.

Do you guys play shows or anything?

Ruin, let me give you some advice. Never, ever, ever say that sentence about the profanity again. You sound

like a bunch of born again pansies.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool to do that, and be acceptable to parents, and all that shit, but don't ever let anyone

hear you SAYING you do that.

For instance, did you know there's no profanity in star wars? Maybe a hell or something? George Lucas didn't get

on a box and say "Star Wars is G Rated and nobody even says damn!" he just did it, and the people that cared, noticed,

and the people that don't care didn't think he was a selling out pussy because they didn't notice.

You dig?

Ruin, let me give you some advice. Never, ever, ever say that sentence about the profanity again. You sound

like a bunch of born again pansies.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool to do that, and be acceptable to parents, and all that shit, but don't ever let anyone

hear you SAYING you do that.

For instance, did you know there's no profanity in star wars? Maybe a hell or something? George Lucas didn't get

on a box and say "Star Wars is G Rated and nobody even says damn!" he just did it, and the people that cared, noticed,

and the people that don't care didn't think he was a selling out pussy because they didn't notice.

You dig?

Lol! Right on. It's just that a lot of people get the wrong impression about this kind of music.

And pretty far from born again!

But I completely understand your statement. Not something I ever really advertise on our sites or in person and is probably more irrelevant than I thought it may be to people.

Back on topic...

Check out our full album @

www.Myspace.com/day_of_ruin

Very sweet rig. I always hated recording in the studio. My career took me through reel to reel to ADAT to digital and I always hated studio work. I'm a live energy guy, but I would sacrifice big time in the studio. I did a 13 song cd in 1998 and I made one mistake that needed reworked.