Removing the existing gas plug?

OK - I got the original plug out and the V-Plug in. But I'm not clear on the positioning.

The video said that you tighten it down, then back out the plug until the minus sign is lined up. Lined up with what? The little pin that you had to push down on the other plug? Also, does the pin not pop up anymore with the V-Plug? Mine doesn't.

OK - I got the original plug out and the V-Plug in. But I'm not clear on the positioning.

The video said that you tighten it down, then back out the plug until the minus sign is lined up. Lined up with what? The little pin that you had to push down on the other plug? Also, does the pin not pop up anymore with the V-Plug? Mine doesn't.

Line it up with the locking pin--yes, the one that is in the gun already. If that pin doesn't pop up give it a good squirt of CLP or FP10 as a lubricant to assure function.

The pin will get pushed down and act as a detent ala an 870 magazine cap. You should feel it clicking at each setting as you get it near the bottom. The pin is what you use to align the setting marks.

Once you are tightened down, back it out to the "-" sign. Mine happened to fall on a "-" so I had to back it out to the other "-" to be properly set.

Fire first shot and open up one click till proper cycling for each load.

Edited by leadsled

Line it up with the locking pin--yes, the one that is in the gun already. If that pin doesn't pop up give it a good squirt of CLP or FP10 as a lubricant to assure function.

The pin will get pushed down and act as a detent ala an 870 magazine cap. You should feel it clicking at each setting as you get it near the bottom. The pin is what you use to align the setting marks.

Once you are tightened down, back it out to the "-" sign. Mine happened to fall on a "-" so I had to back it out to the other "-" to be properly set.

Fire first shot and open up one click till proper cycling for each load.

Ok- sort of getting a mixed message from these 2 responses - should the pin pop back up or will it stay recessed once the V-plug is in?