Worried if I did everything right after the conversion. Is there a fu

After following the CSS videos and other videos on youtube and vimeo, how do I know if I installed everything correctly and functions properly. I'm feel kind of confident but wanted to make sure if I missed anything else.

The axis pin on the FCG is loose and sometimes comes out when I'm playing with the trigger. I just purchase a axis retainer plate to hold that in place.

I've done trigger checks with the safety on and off

Bolt hold open check

Mag release check

Racking check

I do have a V plug and CSS puck installed. What would happen if this was installed incorrectly?

The tail of the CSS puck is pointing to the stock and the flat side is pointing to the muzzle.

V Plug is screwed all the way in and I turned it once to hear that click for the detent

Is there like a functional checklist I can go through to make sure this thing doesn't blow up in my face at the range?

Sounds like you got it right. Yes, you will need a plate or a shepard's crook in order for the pins to stay in place. Do not test fire until pins are secure.

With the plug. You got it right. When shooting for the first time start with the least amount of gas (#1) and then dail it open one setting/click at a time until you get consistent performance.

Oh, and post some photos;-)

Edited by sunnybean

I'm no expert but it sounds like if the axis pin is loose and comes out, you do not have the shepherds crook or the pin retaining plate in correctly. Either of those should lock into the pin groove and hold the pin in place. I'd check that first.

yep it was coming out because i didnt know i had to install the shepherds crook or axis retaining plate. After I did more reading here, I attempted to install the shepherds crook and cussed the crap out of it. I read that most found it easier to just buy a retaining plate.

So yesterday I got my axis retaining plate from Cobra76two and will be installing it tonight.

I will be posting pics tonight and a video when I go to the range.

Sounds like you got it right. Yes, you will need a plate or a shepard's crook in order for the pins to stay in place. Do not test fire until pins are secure.

With the plug. You got it right. When shooting for the first time start with the least amount of gas (#1) and then dail it open one setting/click at a time until you get consistent performance.

Oh, and post some photos;-)

Sweet. thanks