• 3 weeks later...

I currently have a saiga 12 19 in barrel. it has a Titan quad rail with HK sights. I'm not sure I like the sights. What are some other sight options. Thanks in advance for everyones feedback

and..

Nobody has an opinion or advice on this??

Well, looking at the picture threads around here; I think you'll find that most S12 users prefer HK style sights. Or at least settle for them.. because when you get right down to it, there aren't really that many options from a functional POV.

There are a variety of AR height/style aperture sights. And then there are the HK aperture sights.. but at least here the drum (at least Chaos's drum) gives you the notch too. You could try a sig556 sight set.. but you're looking at like $300 and it is isn't significantly different than the HK sights, IMO. Some Troy sights have a diamond shaped rear aperture.

I'll agree with you that using these style rifle sights on a smoothbore shotgun is sort of retarded. No getting around that. But that's what we have.

I'd love to see someone bring out a picatinny mount SHOTGUN sight. Like maybe a "straight 8" set of beads or something. But that isn't likely to happen.

Hell, now that I think about it.. it wouldn't even be that hard. All we'd need is a bead rear that fits into an AR sight, and then use a XS "big dot" AR front post. That would probably work well for a straight 8, if you like that sort of thing. But alas, long enough rail sections for sights are still pretty rare on shotguns. So no one is making shotgun-oriented pic sights. It's really just that simple.

What kind of sight picture would you want on your shotgun? That is the real question.

Edited by sickness
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey there. I just posted what I'm doing with my Titan rail sighting. Its posted in the 7.62 x 39 section. Member was asking for ideas. If you can't find it, PM me and I'll go into some detail for you on what I have come up with.